Ultimate Subaru Message Board
moosens

WINDSHIELD GASKET ORDER **MAIN THREAD** Update 4/29/12 We're GOOD to go!

Are these gaskets still available?? I need to replace my windshield. I'll take two.

I will sell you mine. I ordered one and really don't need it. Paul can ship it to you. He has not shipped it yet.

If you need it fast, I can ship you one from the previous batch I have on hand. I'm in Dallas, so it will be to you in a day.

email me subaru3@aol.com

$54

Yes, and whichever guy you deal with is fine. Subaru3 can hook you up and that would help two people. I have plenty left. And I accidentally sent an extra to one other guy who is willing to send it back or to the next guy.

Cheers!

Mark has paid for my gasket, so it's now his. I will update the roster.

Paul, I will email you his address to ship it to.

Thanks!

Sod's law, I could now use a couple of these; they'll need shipping to the UK.

Who's still got any spares?

Thanks

Owain

I know this thread is rather old, but I got my gasket from the local windshield repair store. Fits fine and looks like the original. Does anyone know where I can get the plastic silver inserts to make the gasket stocl looking?

I looked forever for them with no luck. Several people said that Gen2 inserts (which are metal and much better built, but still pretty darn thin!) would work, but they need trimming.

Well... they kind of work...

The vertical sides went in just fine. But the curve is different for the top and bottom pieces. Expect some buckling when you install them if you go this route. It's better than nothing, but certainly not perfect.

Certainly not my experience! Yes they need to be cut (which means the top piece has to have a join) but with careful bending and shaping the result is as close to perfect as you can get. You have to look damn close to notice the join in the top piece and there is certainly no buckling in mine.

DSCF0049_zpsda3fcd80.jpg

DSCF04501_zpsf518fa16.jpg

DSCF04491_zps612a5839.jpg

Edited by Leeroy