Ultimate Subaru Message Board
SubiBratz

My Gen 1 Brat Swap{Franken Motor}

The Legacy's 5 speed trans needed more room so......... Trans Tunnel was made...

6922394826_f044de6683_b.jpg

This also helped with the angle of the driveline so the pitch wasn't so severe.

^^^ This is beautiful, nicely done. How'd you do the suspension for this bad boy? The front shouldn't have been to bad, but the back must have been interesting.

Just got done doing body and paint in my garage. Lots of work but I am pleased with the out come. Also this is the first time painting a complete.

8462372357_85bba151de_b.jpg

• Like 5

Thanks. Lots of hard work, I am currently putting her all back together. I will take more pics and maybe a cool video. P.S. how you guys liking the San Remo Red? Sexy right.

• Like 1

more pictures please.  under the hood, inside etc etc.  you have probably the baddest brat on the planet.  Gen 1 body in perfect condition! AND updated chassis.  MORE PICS!!!!

Thanks for all the awesome feed back. I still havent seen one like it lol, but its one of the funniest cars to drive and loving it more and more each day. I will get some motor pics and the interior.

• Like 1

i mocked up my ej trans last weekend and it hit on the driver's side of the trans tunnel. i'll have to widen it there. but it looks like the gas pedal is directly on the other side where i have to make the adjustments. did you swap over to the legacy pedal set?

So it's been about 5 years on this build...

Any updates/further pics?

How's it all running?

Cheers

Bennie