Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Official 6-Lug Re-drill Thread: Now in the USRM!

also, if you could find spec sheets or at least accurate, detailed information on some of the other common factory six lug wheels used, that would be extremely helpful to someone who wants to go shopping for their wheels at the JY

I agree with this! I remember someone wanted to know what to look for and from what vehicles at the JY.

I'll see what I can find for 6x5.5 (aka 6x139.7mm) specs, years and models.

Here is my drawing of the wheels that I used to order the wheels:

wheels4.jpg

Here is what I bought:

Kuhmo Ecsta's in the 205 50 R15 flavor and US Wheels 70-5760P in the 15"X7" flavor.

Not to be a D-Bag and focus on me but I was hoping to hear what you all thought about the route I took? Anyone have experience with a similar setup?

Thanks.

The General Grabbers are garbage in deep snow so I've been told. xbeerd has a set on his car (And I have one for my 5th wheel) I would get the BFGs if you do a lot of driving with the car and they are better in every terrain (Except deep mud, which is where the Bighorns come into play)

only issue i had was when we got that 4' of snow that one storm, they GO just fine in 4wd, they clogged up a bit in really heavy wet snow which made stopping slightly interesting, LOL!~:clap:

A bit of information that should be included with the first post:

A transfer punch will easily and inexpensively transfer the center of the hole to the proper point on the wheel hub.

Like this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Individual-Spotter-Transfer-Punch-Spellmaco/dp/B002SLHC6O

Sets from 1/2 to 1" are also available like Model #831-0102 from enco.com, for $47.

I agree with this! I remember someone wanted to know what to look for and from what vehicles at the JY.

I'll see what I can find for 6x5.5 (aka 6x139.7mm) specs, years and models.

I didnt know if my mitsu wheels were gonna fit. so i took one over to a soob in the yard and took a long hard look at it and decided it would.Or i couldve knocked out a couple studs and really checked. that said, I can see where this method would be less useful if there were in fact, no subarus in the area the wheels are. ps 91 montero steelies work great http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z146/1992Roo/Mobile%20Uploads/12041995004.jpg

RV

Cool.

Yeah, I finally have a complete list of 6x139.7 wheels from the most common vehicles. The only thing I don't have are the Backspacing data, But vehicle years/models with Rim sizes I do have. Gonna make a spread sheet style layout and then post an image of that when done.

I am cleaning up and adding more info to the first post, in time, the first post will be found in the USRM section.

I think mostly the older GM wheels are not, because of the Backspacing. THe wheels stick out pretty far.

Most of these other ones should have close to correct back spacing.

I know Dodge D-50 wheels are perfect, Nice and flush with the fender.

Chevy didn't change their Backspacing to much, so they are probably the same as the White spoke wheels found on a lot of the 1/2 trucks.

Which look like this:

user3_pic293_1226913982.jpg

Edited by TheLoyale