Ultimate Subaru Message Board

my '98 Foz

scoobyclimbs

• 3 weeks later...

More mods..

I swapped the perrin alum. crank pulley from the outback to the foz .

It's equivilant to taking 100lbs of the car ( though I should take care of my extra lbs...lol) quicker acceleration from idle to the powerband (4-6k).:headbang:

also a set of hella supertones(horns) as well...The foz only had one horn...Stock..

I'll post photos soon...photobucket maintainence..doh...

Edited by scoobyclimbs

a few more mods before the show...

I modified my existing cargo basket & weled on some 1" box tubing to mount shovel, axe, lights..

I used a couple pairs of quickfist from www.safedrives.com for the shovel, axe mounts.

Sat. the M/T's go on...!:headbang:

Hankook dynapro RT03 M/T 215/75R15 moiunted on the black forester steelies I painted...

Question...white lettering out or blackwall out...?

Pics to come soon...:D

Edited by scoobyclimbs

How much was that crank pulley? and did you notice any vibrations in the car after. like at certain RPMs?

I swapped the pulley from my outback. They run about $130 now I paid $90 back in '05.

Zero vibrations at all rpms..I don't think they would sell them if they had vibrations..bad for engine balance..!

Aftermarket pulleys have been around forever on almost all makes of engines..Never heard any problems..

The M/T's are on today..white letter out...looks sick...no road noise... in fact it's quieter than the bfg a/t's ...! :D

FOZMTs002.jpg

FOZMTs005.jpg

:headbang:

Turns out the black steelies look even better than the aftermarkets... i thought they wouldn't but they do. I'm not sure exactly what, something like just plain, solid, durable, but a little sleek b/c of the form of the holes...

anyhoo, I like the steelies! And yes, ROWL out all the time!!! black out is sooo, "car" :-p

You should swap that ax for a pulaski, and how do those tool fists mount to the rack? I've been thinking about tool mounts for a while but don't want to buy a whole set (basket, x-bars, tool accessories, etc.) and would rather use what I have..

cheers! :brow:

You should swap that ax for a pulaski, and how do those tool fists mount to the rack? I've been thinking about tool mounts for a while but don't want to buy a whole set (basket, x-bars, tool accessories, etc.) and would rather use what I have..

cheers! :brow:

I have a pulaski but I prefer an axe for cutting fire wood..

With the pulaski I have moved boulders!

The quick fist are a bolt thru design. I used a 1/4" bolt and locknut.

I hear ya about using what you have...I'm the same way..

• 2 weeks later...

Nice pics! I like the look of those tires. I wonder of they make them in a 16". Pretty sure the 215 70 16's I'm running are about the same as the size you're running. Does the offset bother you at all? That's one thing that I don't like the look of with mine, the wheels sit in too far, especially the rear. I have thought about eventually swapping to GD style control arms and lateral links to widen it out a bit.

a few shots from lolo pass and near whatum lk. (mt.Hood)

whatum009.jpg

whatum056.jpg

whatum001.jpg

whatum053.jpg

I lovelove the PNW!!, that country/your backyard is just so amazing!!! I keep thrying and trying but the career options and subsequent move continue to elude me.. . . .

cheers until I can bring my leggo up and wheel with you. . .

• 2 months later...

I fabbed a couple block off covers for the fogs(not gonna use that location anyway..they just get trashed..)

Some JBL 426 speakers in the rear doors, JBL 625 in the front doors.

I gutted the two cats and rewelded them, installed magnaflow muffler...

I missed that boxer sound I had in the outback...:headbang:

Much better power now...

The Hankooks rock goin up the steeps on loose rocky stuff..without low range...They just claw their way up ...:D

A few pics from Noonday ridge, Bohemia mtn..

bohemianoonday021.jpg

bohemianoonday070-1.jpg

bohemianoonday079.jpg

bohemianoonday126.jpg

bohemianoonday030.jpg

bohemianoonday080.jpg

• 4 months later...