Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I wrecked my XT6

Driving just a hair over the limit. All the snow we had Friday melted the same day. I was cruising on some back roads and there was a spot where a farmer would cross the road to access his other field. Needless to say this was the only spot that had runoff, the roads were dry all day and by the time I got there it was frozen. DOH!! Lost it immediately. I wanna cry.

OUCH, that really sucks. I’m surprised you got it on its roof without knocking all the corners off. If the unibody not badly tweaked (doesn’t look to be), all you need is a couple of fenders, a door, a roof section, glass, a welder, and some paint, no problem. :rolleyes:

But seriously I bet it fixable, I’ve dealt with worse, whether its worth it is another story.

Gary

that sucks, glad your ok, kinda the same thing happened to me, thats how i totaled my 86 Mazda B2000 truck, but i hit a steel light pole and tweaked the frame and pushed the firewall all the way up until it touched the clutch and brake pedal. :headbang:

just glad your OK, and sorry for your car, that really bites. :dead:

Well, the plan is this. I'm taking Friday and Monday off to see what's what. I'll know by Saturday if I'm parting out or fixing up. I'm pretty sure everything motor wise is fine as I remember turning the car off while I was standing on my head. I'm going to concentrate on checking the frame and body before I make my decision. Thanks to everyone for their concern.

Glad to hear that you're OK.

Sorry to say that I think your Subie has sacrificed his/her life to save yours. Roof damage equals write-off where I come from. The strength is gone, and the car will never be the same again.

What a grand shame!!