Ultimate Subaru Message Board

black/blue, white/blue, black/pink, and the 2 yel/blue wires have in the 11.5-12v range. and i just found out that if i let the relay stay powered up for a while, somtimes it will turn off after a few minutes. and i just wanted to ask you if their was any possability that the relay was supposed to stay on for a brief time after turning the key off? i can't see any reason it would though. but i turned the key on and back off about 4 different times and after about 3 minutes everytime the relay turned off by itself.

Edited by pamike

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will try to find out what those wires are tied to that you gave the colors on. As far as the delay in the power cutoff I can only speculate that it is a normal operation and things are going into the sleep mode when the power is finally cutoff.

Edited by Cougar

well i've just been driving it and waiting to see what the car is going to do. so far i havn't got a dead battery so thats good. but i would still like to know if their is supposed to be a delay in the relay turning off. i was thinking of doing some testing on my brothers car and see if his has the delay. i thought i checked it before but i can't remember, it's been a while. his is the same year so everything should work the same.