Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Impreza D/R mounting

one eye

So the crossmember that is there now, you can just drill where the D/R trans mounts will go? its in the correct place?

Jeff

correct.

If I remember correctly though, we added a shim under one side mount to correct the angle.

Well not to let the cat out of the Bag on my self, but Im going up 9" on a 94 Impreza Wagon, Brain found one down in oly. and told me about it, I got it home and now the fun shall begin, there are so many things I dont know about Impreza's so I might be asking some dumb questions, Just a heads up, It will be Green I think its going to be named Turtle................ :)

Jeff

Edited by one eye

Ill make it work you *******R *****G*R*** GRR*****S I made those up they arnt even swear words, lol Anyways I think Im goint to try and go 3" over stock with just the axles, since that would be a little less than a forester strut, I just cant afford what junk yards want for them. Sunday the big show starts motor and trans will be coming out then the D/R will be going in then the lift shall really start coming together...............................

Jeff

Anyways I think Im goint to try and go 3" over stock with just the axles, since that would be a little less than a forester strut,

Jeff

Forrester struts are barely 2" taller than facotry Imp ones.

I think 3" over stock height is gonna put the axles at bad angles. Possibly even hit the A-arm mount at full drop.

2.jpg?partExt=.jpg&outquality=56&rand=1628422553291962286&ext=.jpg&limitsize=600,800&inviteToken=BEDr2kzMYY5QczKLLhsk

here is what it looks like right now................

Jeff

NICE !! I see you've got your own project going on lol :banana: Cant wait to see the outcome of that thing !

I just threw my rig in the garage, resealed the oil pump. Gonna start tearing off the old lift stuff and throwing on the 6" kit. Ill get ahold of ya about those struts pretty soon probably ....

I think 3" over stock height is gonna put the axles at bad angles. Possibly even hit the A-arm mount at full drop.

should be fine if you use the legacy outback body lift kit. it'll help correct that somewhat

I think Jeff misunderstood me.4 inches ish with the strut tops I built(in conjunction with strut tops ,which are not the listed

Extended lengths).then the tires which gave me about 6.5ish-7.5ish total.

Edited by monstaru

• 1 year later...