Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Gen 1 Subaru brat hot wheel

I have been looking over here in Japan.. I keep finding the hot ones set but no Subes... The hobby shops around do have some Outback models but they are $50+ for most of them. Did pick up a remote control WRX but it broke the first day of use :(

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Mattel have dropped the Hot Ones line (replaced with the Flying Customs, which is a throwback to the late 70s HW line instead of the early/mid 80s), the last run of the series was supposedly short so these BRAT's are likely to remain pretty HTF as they vanish into collections.

No news yet on whether the casting will pop up in the mainline this year (the green is from the Boulevard series, which is a bit more premium (rubber wheels)).

In non-HW, just saw this Zee toys one on eBay :  http://www.ebay.com/itm/ZEE-PURPLE-SUBARU-BRAT-4X4-PICK-UP-TRUCK-FRICTION-TOY-CAR-/281053144765?pt=Diecast_Vehicles&hash=item417012a6bd

• 2 weeks later...

Got the green on from eBay. $6.69 total shipped to my door.

Yup, tons of them on there but none less than $8 or so....  Looks like I will cave in again.  Damn you Subaru and Hotwheels.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=151017882009

$7.49 shipped.  Cheapest one on the Bay.

Edited by O.C.D.

Should have taken a picture of the green one but it is pretty cool with the rubber tires.

Could have bought a new shifter for the Brat for the money spent on these Hot Wheels.  Oh well, love me some small Subies.

• Like 1

Yep,I"m gonna have to get a couple...My Friends already think I"m Twisted about Subies as it is Sooo May as well

Confirm It :grin: With Toy Subies!! Hell I already have Car and Motorcycle Ones!!

Hey, O.C.D. , Some things take Priority Eh? You can always get a New Shift Knob But a New Brat!!

Edited by 88wacaroo

• 5 weeks later...

Mattel have dropped the Hot Ones line (replaced with the Flying Customs, which is a throwback to the late 70s HW line instead of the early/mid 80s), the last run of the series was supposedly short so these BRAT's are likely to remain pretty HTF as they vanish into collections.

No news yet on whether the casting will pop up in the mainline this year (the green is from the Boulevard series, which is a bit more premium (rubber wheels)).

In non-HW, just saw this Zee toys one on eBay :  http://www.ebay.com/itm/ZEE-PURPLE-SUBARU-BRAT-4X4-PICK-UP-TRUCK-FRICTION-TOY-CAR-/281053144765?pt=Diecast_Vehicles&hash=item417012a6bd

That always sounds sooo ominous to me. Haven't had the courage to open mine. May have get another set to play with.

• 1 month later...

Yea ha, yes ... I've finally found one ...  ! ...  :brat: ...   :wub:  ... said it out loud in the shop too ...  :ph34r:

Located it in a local Brisbane toy shop & was at the right price too ... pretty chuffed right now ... :D

IMG_2771.jpg

Cheers, Bantum ...

Edited by Bantum
  • Like 1