Ultimate Subaru Message Board

History of USMB

Could you go in and add dates to that history? I think i joined in august of 2000 on the old ez board. Some of the old ez board archives still exist on the internet if you look for them hard enough, but outside of control of the usmb itself.

I was shocked and amazed when i found other subaru people on the internat as i was the only one i ever knew until then.

I do remember billy c's sites about 2 or 3 years before i found the forum. This forum is unrivaled by any other than NASIOC, but is more genuine than the 'sock and quite fankly, more useful. And this forum is very well behaved compared to any other forums in general, even more so than some of the better forums. I believe it is the best behaved forum that i have ever read or joined.

props to the staff.

I agree.

Best Subaru site I've found. I've only been here a few years though.

Seems like a lot of excellent info on the older stuff here - although that isn't what I work on.

Great existing knowledge base, and helpful members.

And an excellent staff, and no adds.

...I think i joined in august of 2000 on the old ez board. Some of the old ez board archives still exist on the internet if you look for them hard enough, but outside of control of the usmb itself...

Similar Story Here.  I Started searchin' for Subaru Information more than a Decade Ago, When My dad and I started the 2.7 Project... My "Loyale 2.7 Turbo" Screen Name on the EZ Boards' UltimateSubaru is Still alive there, but now those are Operated by "Yuku" ...  :confused: ... http://http://ultimatesubarumessageboards.yuku.com/

I Remember that long time ago, I was Able to Post as "Guest" but so Many Years have passed since then. I am very Thankful with USMB and the People who makes this site so Awesome!

I've saved some Screen Captions of the Old USMB Sites that I want to Share here, as an "Evolution" Proof in Pictures, from the Older Looks to the Newest Looks:

OldUSRMLogo.jpg

My Personal Favourite Look:

Now, This:

Thank you for the Link, also for all the efforts to keep this Awesome Site Alive ... :D ... Your effort is Very appreciated.

I'll Try to do my Best to Help Soon... with another Donation ;)

Kind Regards.

Edited by Turbone
  • Like 1

Cool post guys. In the old days I used to spend a lot of late nights working on this place. Now, so many things have become automated or easily sourced to other places like photo hosting and such. Most of the pages above were managed by TheSubaruJunkie who was a key moderator and technical helper from the very beginning.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Im glad this place is still around, I've always loved it...  Seeing all those screen shots made my day! I remember when SUBARU meant slow clackey little econo car. Its so funny how nowadays Subaru means WRX and haulin rump roast! I also remember when I was appauled that ShawnW added a vanagon section, now years later I'm onto a similar path, kinda =]

mount2_zpse0cef8fd.jpg

DSCF9020_zps75885530.jpg

Too bad we cant get a flat 4 diesel over here...

Are any of the old subaru offroad videos on youtube or out there anywhere? Subarubicon? Old USMB repair manual?

Keep up the good work guys, and Thanks.

Very cool!  Lots of Ea81 conversions on those around but not so many Ej ones.  Not sure why but maybe you know.  

The Reason must be the Easiness of Swapping a Simple Engine which runs with Distribuitor & Carburetor, instead all the EFi Stuff, Wire Harness, ECU, Timin' Belts, etc... The USDM didn't get the EJ Engines that came factory with Carb & Disty, like the LADM. (Latin American Domestic Market)

Kind Regards.

Wiring EFI has never been a "problem" for me,just a headache at times =], I decided years ago I would rather have a ball of wires than a jankey old worn out Hitachi

Mines a 1.9 TDI so cooling should be easier to tackle than the soob motor(diesels are more efficient so they should run cooler). I think radiator placement hinders alot of people. They all want it to look stock, but also want water cooling.

Edited by archemitis

IIRC the intake ducting on an EJ tangles with where the fuel tank is on the pre Vanagon Volksie buses without some pretty serious surgery whereas an EA has clearance. 

Very cool!  Lots of Ea81 conversions on those around but not so many Ej ones.  Not sure why but maybe you know.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...