Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Oil leak hunting

I recently got this 1988 GL station Wagon. I had the engine out, while out I replaced the front and rear main oil seals (crank shaft). I still have a leak though. One is throgh the oil pan plug, which was fixed last night. However, I still have oil coming down the front timing belt cover. I got the following parts:

RH camshaft oil seal - looks like a mini crank oil seal

LH camshaft oil seal - looks like a mini crank oil seal

I have the main oil pump gasket on order (weird looking one)

What seals/gaskets am I missing for the front end? I saw somewhere that there were more seals for the oil pump but the manual dosen't point these out. Any other seals for the cam?

I've got the EA82 engine.

If someone has the order numbers for an on-line parts company, send me the numbers so I can get the right gaskets. NAPA isn't much help if its not in their computer. They tried to pawn off a couple of wrong parts on me already.

Thanks,

PS - on the maintance side of the web site it sure would be nice to have a list of stuff like this. Maybe work a deal with an on-line parts company to offer discount seal/rebuild kits for us.

got your pm.. i got all my gaskets from importcarparts.com

pretty cheap, but good quality stuff..

you already have /replaced the seals that would leak on the front side of the engine..

the oil o-rings are to fix one thats worn out (lifters ticking)

other gaskets would be for the valve covers..

you might as well do the timing belts too while your in there, since they have to come off in order to do the cam seals..