Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1986 GL Sedan - NED

92_rugby_subie

Whoo hoo I like this section! Purpose built for Members Rides and the mods done. Now (although slow) I can start modding Ned and doing improvements or non-improvements :confused: as the case may be. Beware, PICTURES in the first few posts!

This is Ned, I purchased him from GeneralDisorder with 164K:

NedAfterBath3.jpg

After the 2.5" Glasspack was installed (OBK25XT) I bought a set of 15" recessed Peugeot wheels:

NewNed.jpg

And still enjoyed the time offroad:

NedMud.jpg

NedMudtoday.jpg

NedMudtoday2.jpg

Still did great in the snow with the D/R:

nedsnow2.jpg

Bought and installed some 6000K HIDs:

HID.jpg

Left my windows open and found my cat in approval of NED:

Swat.jpg

Sold my peugeots :(

Ned4-5.jpg

Still had fun offroad:

IMG_0016.jpg

Found a local Subaru group to hang out with:

Hangingout2.jpg

Simple mod; painted my wiper arms:

IMG_0007.jpg

As he currently sits with the tinted tail-lights:

Trunk.jpg

There will be more to come! Have some modifications/additions coming up soon and hope to have quite a few things done/improved before WCSS14 :banana:

• 2 weeks later...

Maxima alternator upgrade on hold, alternator died before/after install... gotta try again :Flame::popcorn:

These are in progress too, gonna sand them or find a place to blast them and then paint them gunmetal in color :brow:

Jackmans.jpg

JackmanLogo.jpg

On the car: Still lifted on the jack, forgot to lower it, and the tire is a 185/80/13 so the car would look WAYYY higher than itll ever be... Im thinking of talking to a Datsun buddy of mine, hes got 205/60/13s and I think those would look, handle pretty amazing compared to my current 175/70/13s

OncarJackman.jpg

Those rims are jackmans for a EA71 era subaru's. The curved style may fit better on a EA82 car, you may have to do some tweaking to get them to work w/o rubbing. Nice car, looks sweet.

Curved ones were older (and made by Subaru). I have the same set of flat spoke jack mans and they work great. The problem is the older ones wont clear the calipers so they bind and won't work (on my gl10). Just my .02

Curved ones were older (and made by Subaru). I have the same set of flat spoke jack mans and they work great. The problem is the older ones wont clear the calipers so they bind and won't work (on my gl10). Just my .02

I thought Jackmans had no issues on EA82s since hey were flat-spokes?

You know that GD has a cabnet sand blaster and would probably let you use it. I've blasted a couple of sets at his house.

I have been meaning to ask him, I just want to have a better concrete schedule on it...

GOOD NEWS (TO THOSE READING THIS)

I HAVE AN OFFICIAL JOB... Bring on the upgrades :Flame:

• 1 month later...

Been awhile since I updated... been working a lot :clap:

Have a few things coming, unfortunately no pics :/ but Ill work on it as ACTUAL progress commences (also been in the garage on an EJ22 reseal, so poor Ned isnt getting too much attention)

Before WCSS I hope to have my Jackmans painted... Not sure if I wanna plastidip, spray paint, or save money and powdercoat... Its questionable, just comes down to savings and time... less than a month! :headbang:

Fridays purchase:

205/60/13 tires (I like wider tires) :brow:

Recently:

Got new Maxima alternator, need to go to GDs and have him install it (tried once, and either I failed, or the alternator failed, either way, alternator died)

New subwoofer (Alpine E12) which is having issues with my wiring that worked before :confused:

New battery, which fried the stereo deck somehow, so I put in a new deck.

Considering another EA82 to drop in Ned for awhile... the HG leak has me worried about overheating when its warm outside... No coolant leaks, but I am still not trusting not to fry soon. Maybe just a coolant flush?

Gonna powerwash the engine bay shortly ;) will take pics.

• 2 months later...

Well, MAJOR change up in plans... Got permanently hired at the place I work... so its onto spending the money...

Coming up in a short few months.

LED dashboard - got the LEDs in the mail today - may go for a red-tint if I can remove the green tint I currently have. (Loyale 2.7 Turbo)

5 Lug swap (YUPP!) - Following Numbchux's wagon in sedan form.

Projector Headlights (Turbones Swap)

And just for fun, 2 Kicker L5 Solo Barics and a 1200 watt amp :D

Im kinda torn between two sets of wheels..

17X7.5 Rota Grids (painted black)

17X8 TSW Mugello

The Rotas I can buy next week... but Im curious as to how theyd look on Ned... I need a photoshop expert.

That is true... everyone has em... But not many have em on an EA82 :headbang: I think it will just depend on what is "right" at the time... If they are gone when I can "afford" them then it wasnt meant to be...

New addition to the list... Valve Cover Gaskets and air hoses... mine are soaked in oil.

Marshall, just remember that is absolutely NO SUCH THING as a "permanent" job. I know it's fun to get stuff done with your car, and I'm not discouraging that one bit. But, you of all people on this board know that things can and will blow up in your face and set you back quite a bit.

All I'm really saying, is maybe slow down a bit with the car and sock away some money in case things do get bad again. Would suck to see you have to give up your project or something to pay off bills because you ran out of cash.

On a lighter note, I've got some 04-06 WRX/Legacy wheels that I'd let go for SUPER cheap if you're interested. I need to make a run down your way soon anyhow.

• 2 weeks later...

Now that its officially mine...

Subaru #6 (if parts cars count) :headbang:

1988 XT6

2012-10-05_17-59-23_317.jpg

Will be using the 5 lug parts and the sway bars and probably the front seats for Ned then parting out the rest.

Also going to be purchasing 2 EA82s from Tractor Pole to put together and make a running one for Ned... the current one is letting go.