Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I need to replace my driver's door cylinder and my ignition cylinder, so I am thinking that I ought to go ahead and replace the passenger and rear door cylinders to match. Does anyone know if I can replace all of them with one set, or do I need to go to a locksmith to re-key the working ones and match them all?

Thanks in advance!

I have several Ignition with keys.

You can pop the door cylinders had have the re keyed. I've done several myself, just pulling the key tabs out and switching them to make them work with the Key for the Ign.

What year and model?

94 Legacy Fwd SW

The door lock doesn't turn at all, the ignition has to be backed off after the first try and angled just right on the second try. I've posted about that before, but thought I'd start over since now I'm thinking about doing both.

ah, you're in CS, where I grew up.

I'm not sure about shipping it out here, as everything costs way more to ship to Hawaii. From another thread, it sounds like I might need to replace the starter/solenoid (which that site lists for $17.99, plus $5.25 core, not bad).

Maybe you could send it to me in CA and I will fly over with it (that's where I am until mid June). Gladly get you a Kimo's T!