Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My '86 GL 3 Door Coupe

ckgeorge

Lol, that some kind of joke? I am not selling any parts off of my vehicle... sorry.

I wish I had time to joke but I'm for real if your interested let me know... i only have one rule dont mod them or take them apart or else there not worth it anymore.

you have the super rare canada only bumpers like me, but mine came painted oem white like my car.

• 6 months later...

Small update... Since adding the FJ60 wheels and flares I have added ground control coils and purchased some BFG Sport Comp 2s 195/50r15.

Was able to get an inch or so lower and the car handles pretty good now. Also plastidipped the wheel centers and grille for a little more contrast.

Next on the list is tracking down a rear sway-bar and replacing the worn out control arm bushings.

IMG_20150510_130534_zpsuvr9qvgx.jpg

I REALLY liked this car stock, but the black grill is a nice look. The fender flares and wheels look absurd! OP, it's your car and no one's opinion really matters except yours, but I think it is a shame to take this pristine, museum quality car and slowly make it into something silly.

• Like 1

I REALLY liked this car stock, but the black grill is a nice look. The fender flares and wheels look absurd! OP, it's your car and no one's opinion really matters except yours, but I think it is a shame to take this pristine, museum quality car and slowly make it into something silly.

Sorry to hear you are not a fan of the work I have done, but at the same time you can't please em all. I wanted to go for a classic japaneese styling that I had not previously seen done with an ea82. I am simply having fun experimenting with the car and everything that I have done can be reversed if I decide to restore it in the future. Either way I appreciate and respect your opinion.

Its not 100% reversible Lol. I'm sure you either drilled holes in the fenders to mount the extensions, and the plasti-dip will and does etch paint over time. Either way, the factory original paint will not be the same if you reverse the actions, just food for thought.

That said, I don't have any beef with what your doing, its your car. The flares could be something that flow a little better, it would add to the vehicle and not take away from it. These just look too Mega wing, fart can AE85 Corolla. Perhaps getting another set of front fenders and going with a true custom wide body flare may flow better. This way you can mod some extra fenders and leave the originals in tacked. (The rear fender flares would be a little harder to get away with if you wanted to keep it reversible)

Good luck on finding a rear sway bar and associated hardware. I cannot remember if the rear trailing arms need to come from the rear swap bar doner as well.

-Tom

I just realized how OLD I sound. I think I'm becoming my father...

Sorry to hear you are not a fan of the work I have done, but at the same time you can't please em all. I wanted to go for a classic japaneese styling that I had not previously seen done with an ea82. I am simply having fun experimenting with the car and everything that I have done can be reversed if I decide to restore it in the future. Either way I appreciate and respect your opinion.

I'm always a supporter of making your car what you want it. I'm sure I've done mods that make people shake their heads at me. In this instance, I think maybe I care more than I should about preserving a very nice (but, realistically, unimportant) car that is being daily driven anyways. It's not what I would've done with the car, but, after all, it is not my car.

Have fun with it!