After lift and grille

324112_216308268443335_100001924897445_487397_773336648_o.jpg

332065_216731048401057_100001924897445_488416_532358020_o.jpg

And currently

413024_293395754067919_100001924897445_679533_713777918_o.jpg

459553_293383704069124_100001924897445_679521_1365555722_o.jpg

460926_293396347401193_100001924897445_679540_1595884573_o.jpg

Edited by bratman18

Thanks man, I know you have seen pics before! I do have an 05 Forester XT cat back exhaust waiting to be modified to fit too. I want to do it myself, but we'll see.

That will be awesome. I modified my 02 wrx axel back to fit my legacy, so I would think that would be doable, it took a bit of cutting and welding for mine (i did away with the flange), but it went on pretty smoothly.

Yeah it shouldn't be too bad. I'd like to get a flange. Have any good ones kickin around? I want the one that is on the factory cat back section, or a flat flange of the same size. I have a piece of flex pipe that I am going to use for the extension piece and as a way to still have a flex section there without the use of the factory doughnut gasket.

Napa should have flanges you can just weld on.

It's nice having a system with flanges. When one piece breaks for whatever reason. Rust, run over a rock, whatever. You can just unbolt and bolt on a new part. Otherwise you've gotta drop everything and weld it back together. What a pain.

Yeah I had planned on just getting a flange at NAPA at some point. And an exhaust system is much easier to work on when there are flanges, and non rusted together ones at that!

That's how my GL is, it's nice. My legacy is two pieces, the header, and the rest. It sucks. haha.

Love the hellas on there. Also that looks so much fun, we aren't allowed to run on the trails here in the summer, snowmobile only :(

This was a logging road, also used as a snowmobile trail. I think this was dammed up by beavers.

And I'm a poser, the Hellas aren't hooked up!! I am terrible with car wiring so I hope to get a hand with them at some point, or find a harness.

This was a logging road, also used as a snowmobile trail. I think this was dammed up by beavers.

And I'm a poser, the Hellas aren't hooked up!! I am terrible with car wiring so I hope to get a hand with them at some point, or find a harness.

I'll wire 'em up for you!

Give me a holler this weekend.

Mine were like that for a week, mine came with a harness, it is relatively simple, a switch, fuse, relay, and some wires, regardless they fit the look of the car well.

Mine were like that for a week, mine came with a harness, it is relatively simple, a switch, fuse, relay, and some wires, regardless they fit the look of the car well.

Yeah I pretty much know whats needed, it's just actually doing it that I have trouble with.

Hell yeah! your forester is sick and that water crossing looks intense. What's your overall ground clearance? looks like 12"+

Thanks. Honestly not sure what the clearance is, never checked, but it has a good 4-5" more clearance than stock.

• 2 months later...

Recently bought some used parts for this. Bought some very low mileage front and rear brakes from an 05 XT from Texas, very clean, no rust, and they came with cryo treated rotors, and hawk pads. I plan on painting the calipers with some high temp paint before installing to help keep the rust away. Also picked up an adapter to install the XT cat back. Just need to get some gaskets for that. And Kati will be stopping at Norms tomorrow (they seem to be the only place that has one) to get a good used front hub to fix the wheel bearing issue. Can't wait to get it all installed once it all shows up!

I got the 05 Forester XT cat back installed tonight. I used an MS3 adapter, which aren't made anymore. Worked great except for the typical hassle trying to find the right sized doughnut gaskets at the local parts store, but I found ones that worked. It has a deeper, more rumbly tone to it now, and definitely is louder, but still pretty quiet at normal driving. But it's newer and in better shape, and the sound improved, so I'm happy with it.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally installed the tow hitch on this today. Actually went on pretty easy. I was dreading rusty bolts, but they all came out, which was a nice surprise. Now I can tow a trailer if I need to, and it's a nice strong recovery point........for recovering other vehicles of course! Lol

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...