Ultimate Subaru Message Board

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it took a 100 mile trip on the highway four hundred miles after I changed the cap for it to over heat again. I have bought new head gaskets (felpro perma torque) will be tearing into my engine as soon as I get my intake and exaust manifold gaskets. I have heard that when you use the perma tourqe head gaskets that it is not necessary to do the retorque sequence, is that true? I don't want to have to do these again.

Also I am going to use GD's write up on DIY head resurfacing before installing new head gaskets

Edited by mikaleda

i answered my own questions just by doing a search. felpro head gaskets some say nay some say ya and mine just happen to have the fuji symbol on them (that may or may not have meaning) i am going to install them and see what happens (i don't have much choice at the moment) i am going to do the retorque on them because it doesn't really have anything to do with the gasket has more to do with the head bolts themselves (that is my understanding at least).

sorry if i annoyed anyone by asking questions that have been answered numerous times already ;)

Edited by mikaleda
i flunked english in high school lol