Ultimate Subaru Message Board

ea82 power windows to manual?

anyone ever changed power windows over to manual before?

do you have to change the whole door or can you just change the "guts"?

i know its weird but i prefer manual windows.

it will all swap the same, the mechanisms bolt up the same way. the only fitment differences will be the door panel itself, with the hole for the crank, and minus the hole for the window switch. all of the gts can be swapped with the glass not removed. use a piece of hose to hold the glass where you need it to unbolt stuff

Hey.. Interestingly, i was juast thinking about this swap, since my window doesnt work (and barely stays all the way up now - thats annoying in a almost constantly raining town). Would you mind posting a write-up on what you did and how you did it for those of us interested but just need instructions?? Also, are you just gonna get the mechanism from the junkyard or what?

Thanks Alot

JB

hey, hows it going johnnieblue...

im sorry but i probably wont be doin the swap until about 2 months down the road. this time of year [april, may] i have to put up my firewood for next winter before it gets too warm and to many bugs in the woods. i have a complete rusted out junker to take all the manual windows out of so i was just wondering if it was possible.

maybe someone else has already done this and would be kind enough to give a rundown on it.