Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1987 suba gl-10 suspention swap questions

Hi hows it going my name is Dane i have a 1987 gl-10 1.8l turbo 4wd sedan with the pneumatic electronic suspention and i was wondering if any one could tell me whats needed to switch to coil over suspension if there are compatable cars or just standerd parts thanks guys..

thanks i love the car and but the suspension in unreliable the front 2 bags stoped inflating as if they were torn u could hear the air leak then the right front starts working out of now where i dont know the deal but id rather bypass all of it do u have any online sites u recomend for parts?

thanks i love the car and but the suspension in unreliable the front 2 bags stoped inflating as if they were torn u could hear the air leak then the right front starts working out of now where i dont know the deal but id rather bypass all of it do u have any online sites u recomend for parts?

i got my struts (fronts) from orileys. rears i got from a member on here. but they have them at orileys as well. The one thing your going to have to do is make sure you disconnect the air compressor in left fender well.

well thanks alot so the one thing i wanted to make sure is that even tho is the pnenumatic susp. the none air struts and shock mounts right up to the same mounts and all that correct

Yes all the top hats are the same. the rears are the weird angle things, there are covers over the rear air struts that you should put back on once you swap everything to keep things from not rusting.

your not looking hard enough. napa has them too. the sedan coils are shorter then wagon (gl) if your looking for more rally then use wagon. i mean they aren't DRASTICALLY different heights but its noticeable, the ride hight will also be higher then how the car sits with air suspension.