Ultimate Subaru Message Board

86 GL10 Turbo -Shortysayhi

shortysayhi

im more concerned about the spline count on the hubs vs my turbo axles.

Also im concerned about changing spindles... i dont want to change spindles... if i can just replace the hubs that would be awesome since i have brand new suspension on the front and rear....

At the hub end I'm not 100% about it. I know that XT6 and EJ have the same spline count out there, not sure how that compares to EA-T series stuff though.

Personally, I went with everything EJ that I possibly could because the parts availability on them is WAY better than anything XT/EA. There's also the added bonus of being able to upgrade as the wallet allows too.

If you're only considering this to get to modern wheel and tire sizes, drill some wheels or your hubs and have a ball.

Well i just remembered i have a Xt6 front hub (to replace the one on my xt6 with a broken stud) guess ill go check.

I do want to go with 5 lug because it looks cleaner, and more stoping power if Im on bigger wheels. but i think i should be fine on 15's with stock turbo disks.

And the wallet is bone dry since im looking at a 92 jeep with 6.5" bds lift on 35's

Well i just remembered i have a Xt6 front hub (to replace the one on my xt6 with a broken stud) guess ill go check.

I do want to go with 5 lug because it looks cleaner, and more stoping power if Im on bigger wheels. but i think i should be fine on 15's with stock turbo disks.

And the wallet is bone dry since im looking at a 92 jeep with 6.5" bds lift on 35's

Let us know what you find out!

I 100% agree with you that the 5 lug is the cleanest. All in all, I'd say that the whole swap can be done for <$600 if you take your time, and that includes buying some of the wear items new like BJ's, TRE's and such.

Just have to be patient!

Well I can't seem to find that spare hub to save my life right now.... Too many car parts!

But my next question is... With the rx transmission it should bolt right up, and has the same splines since its the turbo transmission...

Just wanna be clear before I tear stuff apart

People seem to be raggin on you about that spoiler but I can honestly say I like it. But, i tend to try and differ myself and my toys from other people...hence the reason i baught my Subaru. You got yourself a sweet little car on your hands. Be sure to post more pics when the body kit is installed

Is the RX body too far gone to swap all the good sedan bits onto?

yes it is, i do plan on doing something with it eventually (since the engine is shot and theres no interior and some rust)

People seem to be raggin on you about that spoiler but I can honestly say I like it. But, i tend to try and differ myself and my toys from other people...hence the reason i baught my Subaru. You got yourself a sweet little car on your hands. Be sure to post more pics when the body kit is installed

Thanks, it looks better with the body kit! even tho its dark it looks good. I only managed to get the side skirts and front air dam (i cracked it some unloading the rx off the trailer :( )

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well i got it in, working, Reverse lights work, im just trying to figure out the diff lock switch... it has 6 prongs, and i looked at my rx parts car and the plug is hard wired into the harness....

would it be possible to use a different switch (like a push button one) or a rocker switch instead, since thats 3 wires ?

also is there a difference between the RX speedo cable (on analog gauges) VS a push button speedo cable for a DIDGI dash???

my speedo is off a couple mph for some reason, and it seems to fluctuate a lot more then before...

• 3 weeks later...

Depends on cash flow, a good running ea82t could be had pretty cheap.(around here anyways.)

Or you could find a N/A block and make it turbo. it would also raise the compression ratio.

rebuilding would work too but it might start costing more than a donor engine.

If you have some money to kick around then obviously get the ej22t.:-p

that thing would be "rally" fast.

Awesome car btw!