Ultimate Subaru Message Board

86 GL10 Turbo -Shortysayhi

shortysayhi

Depends on cash flow, a good running ea82t could be had pretty cheap.(around here anyways.)

Or you could find a N/A block and make it turbo. it would also raise the compression ratio.

rebuilding would work too but it might start costing more than a donor engine.

If you have some money to kick around then obviously get the ej22t.:-p

that thing would be "rally" fast.

Awesome car btw!

I'm not looking into just swapping engines (ea82t). Or building a N/A block to become turbo (too much work and non reliable). If I stuck with the ea82t, it would be rebuilt.

I'm even considering buying another 22t (keeping the one for the brat on the side). And rebuilding that, then swapping it in...

I don't want the hassle of having a engine fail on me, if I don't know the history on it... Even tho it's more money up front it could save me later.

Thanks! I love it, still got a couple things I wanna do after the engine deal tho! :headbang:

• 1 year later...

I really like the spoiler you have. I have the same car, any idea where I could get a spoiler like yours?? Shortysayhi

You could probably get one from any wrecker with an STi in stock, it's just a standard STi spoiler off a GD chassis by the look of it. Or try Ebay etc.

Also, any news about this car? It's a pretty unique look, the sedan with the RX kit and the STi spoiler and I liked it a lot.

Edited by KiwiGL

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Holy crap i haven't been on this page in a long time!!! 

I ended up parking this car, then got a 04 Forester XT - that i sti swapped, and then totaled, and bought a 05 Forester XT, sti swapped it then blew it up, and now am building for 600+

i do still have my 86, slowly working on getting it back running and might use it as a winter car!

Holy crap i haven't been on this page in a long time!!! 

I ended up parking this car, then got a 04 Forester XT - that i sti swapped, and then totaled, and bought a 05 Forester XT, sti swapped it then blew it up, and now am building for 600+

i do still have my 86, slowly working on getting it back running and might use it as a winter car!

Long time no post, batman!

• 4 months later...