Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My Stable of Subaru's

Rust

That is a factory option pushbar.  They are a little hard to find, but the metal is thick and meaty, so even if you find one that has been sitting in a pile of junk outdoors for 20+ years it will still be able to be cleaned up and used again.  Not sure if they came chromed from the factory.  The real "rairity" is the factory subaru winch that mounts to the top of the bar.  Been on the lookout for one of those for many years.

• 3 months later...

The 1986 frankenwagen and the 1994 loyale have been taken off the road for now,  but I have a 1988 dual range 5speed that I should put on this thread, so here you go....

As found rusting away and sinking into the ground.

IMG_0002-3.jpg

After a clean up and fluid flush and new gas tank

Petesubarured005_zps13d26cf5.jpg

And now after a 2" lift and 14" pugs.011_zpseabcb639.jpg

008_zps5302d15b.jpg

IMG_0008-2.jpg

I own a few of them. Guess it makes sence to start this thread with my favorite daily beater. Its a true frankenwagen, loyale rear crossmeber (original one broke in 2) loyale dashboard (the old one melted due to an ashtray fire) Still has the original motor and trans. It started as a 1986 gl fwd 3speed auto. It leaves oil spots and piles of rust whever it goes, but its still chugging along. Recently added a trailer hitch for hauling even more crap in it on junk hunting adventures. This car is a roach that won't die, indestructable.

Man... that's a lot of stickers!

• 1 year later...

Been a while since I updated this thread here are some new additions to the stable.

MAROON2_zpsf2138799.jpg

This little 1988 sedan I bought because it had brand new tires, the rest of the car was a bonus.  Its parts are living on in the tan 1986 sedan.

1989subaru2_zpsefbcfa36.jpg

This 1989 coupe I bought for the dual range 5speed Tranny,  Drove it last summer but the engine needs a major rebuild, Currently off the road. 

82%20SUBIE%203_zpsru6rpius.jpg

82%20SUBIE%202_zps7h3m1c4e.jpg

And last but not least my recent addition of a 1983 gl fwd auto. wagon.

Luckily it lived its life in the city parked over asphalt, and garaged.  It's 85% rust free, which for a lifelong New England car is rare.

Plan to convert it to 4wd with some brat parts.    Been on the lookout for for a gen 2 wagon without major basketball size rust holes for a while.

• 5 months later...

So just snagged this 1986 GL fwd auto.  Bone stock except for the window tinting.

00s0s_7LeeDlcXe9w_1200x900.jpg

a little door damage from a dance with a deer.

00Q0Q_8cbte9jRvW6_1200x900.jpg

The last original hubcap is still hanging on. 

00o0o_dcFxYTwV9uJ_1200x900.jpg

looks like the mudflaps fell off along with the other 3 hub caps.

00V0V_5mMssfSP8id_1200x900.jpg

Overall I couldn't be more pleased. It virtually has no rust, something very rare in the northeast.  I suspect it migrated north recently from the south.  Cant wait to convert it to 4wd.

• 1 month later...

Technically this is not in my stable, but I bought this for my girlfriend.   I added a 2" lift Kit. , Cabellas Roof Basket, and as set of Nokian snow tires.      2002 LLBean H6 3.0

h6%20003_zpsrcye6net.jpg

h6%20002_zpsn8qhsa81.jpg

h6%20001_zpsz8d4uzqx.jpg

She likes it, and all the creature comforts are nice.  

However

I'll stick with my old school stuff , In my opinion anything that came after the loyale is just not for me. 

I'm stuck in my old ways.

• Like 1