Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Redo-in the 3 door coupe , going higher, yota axle

Scott in Bellingham

I built this car a year and a half ago or maybe longer , its a 85 or 86 GL has a EJ2.2 and a 3.9 Dualrange ,ran it as my DD for a year, its been sitting, well its getting a bigger lift, it has a 6" on it now Im going to do a 9" or maybe a 9-1/8" will be selling the 6" ounce its off, will be installing a toyota rear axle with a lockrite locker, plan to make a bolt-on kit to install a straight axle in the ea series cars , also it will get my first tube bumper that Im designing it will be a double tube with recovery points and a ATV winch mount, probably run 31" tires or maybe the 32s I have

5193134560_d975aa9284_z.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

my other car sold so this ones back in the shop it presently has a Blown HG 2.2 so that will come out and in with another , then this will be my DD and weekend Walker wheeler plan to see some good dents(clearence modifications) I will miss the 93 Imp I ran it for a year, it never was a wheeler I didnt want to bang it up and it had the 1.8, I really like the 2.2 with the delta low tork cams I feel thats the best for offroad as far as cheep and easy to get parts, so Ill fix that puppy and hit the trails so Jeff you need to get better and get a rig going brcause Im ready for this summer of fun extreme soobie wheelin

Delta Low Tork cams ,in the pic the top one is the stock one, delta regrinds the stock cam to give it a new profile, these ones give it more low speed power where you need it for offroad, I used no smoke thick oil for the assembly lube,

I made that cam sprocket spanner wrench as the bolts wouldnt budge with my impact wrench, its almost done finish it up tomorow then hit the trails, the mice moved in and left nut shells in the bellhousing

heres the cam #

7476676886_eb8918d5d1.jpg

upper hose

I got these at rileys you can see the # it also fits a 93-97 chrysler/dodge 3.3 v-6 concord and Intrepid lower hose

7476675864_f47ebf8dd1_z.jpg

lower hose fits a 91 BMW M3 lower , I trimmed 3" off the top end

7476676354_a31a125525_z.jpg

these hoses have 1 end smll for the rad and one end big for the EJ

I ran the car today it goes nicely good combination regular hotrod , just have to get the mouse smell out they moved in since the car sat these last 4 months

Edited by Scott in Bellingham
details

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

4 link to the rear, 3 link to the front I think is what McBrat did. grind off all the undercoating off the bottom of the car and weld a piece of 3 inch sched 40 pipe to the bottom of the car on both sides and then weld in your cross bar for the 4 link

Let me know where you get with it, I've got a set of Landcruiser axles and a frame and a loyale sitting at the shop, I've been wanting to get them mounted up so make 2x of all the pieces you install on yours so you can sell me the extra set :P