Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Had engine out this winter. 02 legacy gt. Just had my r134 filled at the shop but we can't get th compressor to engage. Relay and fuses are all good. Green light on ac button is on but we get nothing. we can supply power directly to the compressor and it will engage but it won't anyway else. any ideas on why to check? It is sooooo hot! Thanks!

Had engine out this winter. 02 legacy gt. Just had my r134 filled at the shop but we can't get th compressor to engage. Relay and fuses are all good. Green light on ac button is on but we get nothing. we can supply power directly to the compressor and it will engage but it won't anyway else. any ideas on why to check? It is sooooo hot! Thanks!

Very first thing I'd try is putting a multimeter on the connecter that goes to the AC clutch. If there's power there, it's a bad connection. If not... It's somewhere inside the magic of the AC system...

Also, it's worth checking the system pressure to make sure it's not over or under what it should be. It's protected against that.