Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My 1971 Subaru FF-1 Star (official build)

EWSuby

Hello, I recently found a 1971 Subaru FF-1 star. I was wondering how hard parts were to come by and if you thought $1000 was a good price for it in semi running conditon? Thanks a ton!

I will be completely honest with you parts on these car are extremely hard to come by, you either need to find kind people on these forums that might have some NOS parts or find an old junked out one which is even harder to find.. Scrounging Ebay is goo but parts are hard to come by on there too.. I was lucky enough to get a lot of extra parts that I will hold onto forever until the other ones go bad.. You have to get very creative with some custom tweaks if you do not want to wait around for the actually part to pop up.. I know of a couple Coupes that are for sale right now and one sedan, all will need a lot of work to be road worthy, but it is possible with the right funds. If the one you are looking at for 1k is the one near Nashville it looks to be worth the money and the most intact out of all out there.. If you have any other questions just PM me..

Hello nice rebuild process .

I have a Subaru ff1 1300 and need head gaskets.... can you help me ? i,m from Portugal .

Its dificult having parts here.already looked on ebay and only appears the 1400 head gasket

Also liked to have the symbol of the hood that says ff1

my email is casteloruca@gmail.com

thx and good luck with your Subaru.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Subaru-FF1/142664009172586?sk=photos_stream

Thanks for the kind words, she is coming along nicely.. I am still on my goal date of being back on the road by June, but we all know how quickly that date could change.. 

Parts here are just as difficult to acquire for these guys.. Best bet is Ebay or Japan Yahoo Auctions.. I decided to go with the EA71 (1600 cc motor) since parts are a little easier to find... you might try cleggs engines for a possible rebuild kit (unsure if they carry a 1300 motor, but its worth a try)... www.cleggengine.com 

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...

Sorry for the lack of posts on the website lately.. Frankly havent even logged on in quite some time. The build is idle at the moment has been for a little over 8 months now, unfortunately... I got reassigned new job and all (in the Air Force) and have been trying to get the family situated before jumping elbow deep in the car again. Hopefully this winter I can get the body work completely finished up. Here is a picture of what she looked like when I loaded it on the trailer to move up to Indiana.

As you can see I have gone pretty extensive on the build...

10374000_10152537677564744_8207156275886000838_n_zps587f4a59.jpg

10173582_10152537677399744_3893265344973647263_n_zpsa049b352.jpg

10353652_10152537677304744_1123564147179084491_n_zpsd2412adf.jpg

• Like 3

• 7 months later...
  • 8 months later...