Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Another 85 Brat

BratRod

So last year my grandmother and father surprised me with a 1985 Brat a month before my 14th birthday. I really love this thing, who could hate it? My father has been a master mechanic for 20ish years and he's had me working on just about every car he has. I do most of the work on the Brat myself and whatever i can't do he helps/directs me how to do it. You cannot beat the simplicity of this thing, i replaced the CVs, bearings all around, tie rods inners and outters, and ball joints in two days. All by myself :clap: minus having the rears pressed. I've spent hours reading on this board, and i think i have a pretty decent Brat (If i do say so my self :brow: ) The only rust I've found so far is on the tail gate, which was missing the chrome. But i fixed that, thanks to mr.Tajman. My dad says that the engine has absolutely no "blow-by" and doesn't tick at all not bad for 260,xxx miles. You guys would probably be glad to hear that I've been converted from a domestic lover to a straight up Subaru fan! Once i get a lil more cash flow im planning to have an Rx, xt, gl-10, (etc.) I'm dreaming big, i know. I love this board, everyone is great on here and so willing to help. I promise to keep Subaru dream alive... I'll get pics up later

The other day i went and picked up a pair of GL seats to throw in the Brat that were in much better shape then mine... But i still did some of my own upholstry work. Before

MVC-231F.jpg

A little 3M adhesive later...

WP_000091.jpg

Still not the best looking, but sure are comfortable :D

I used the material from what was remaining of the passenger seat; Stich reaped the side that i needed, put some more foam in, and glued it over the existing one

Edited by BratRod