Ultimate Subaru Message Board

cdi ignition on a ea82

Nothin realy just pull the fan and install a electric fan the cdi did wounders for my scout but since I'm going diesel with it I don't need the ignition any more just wondering if it would help on my little loyale I have it just siting around I could put it on a vw but I don't drive any of mine so no need just thinkin I might get a better burn

I know it won't increase HP because it dosent do much after 3k except a hoter spark and of corse the rev limiter it sounds so cool when you hit the rev limiter but I'm hoping it will give me some more grunt in the low end where the multiple spark is firering sounds like its atleast worth a try I can allways go back to stock and no out of pocket costs so ill let you all know what happens

• 3 weeks later...

So I'm having issues with wireing up the ignition box and I'm not having ant luck finding the wireing diagram for the ignition so anyone know what kind of pickup it has dose it use a magnetic pick up in the distributer or dose it use some kind of crank senser or hall effect pick up or what and what wire would that pick up be any help would be great here's procomps instructins I'm sure I just hook the white wire some where but. Don't know whitch on index.php?target=topics&topic_id=14

So I'm having issues with wireing up the ignition box and I'm not having ant luck finding the wireing diagram for the ignition so anyone know what kind of pickup it has dose it use a magnetic pick up in the distributer or dose it use some kind of crank senser or hall effect pick up or what and what wire would that pick up be any help would be great here's procomps instructins I'm sure I just hook the white wire some where but. Don't know whitch on index.php?target=topics&topic_id=14

Which exact model number do you have?

You have a FI motor with the optical distributer, a crank angle sensor. I'm taking a not fully informed guess and am thinking you hook the white wire to the ignitor output...

Doug

Edited by Quidam

I found a thread on the msd box same thing so I hooked it up like they sead to.the old coil wires and all is good I'm noticing more torque between 2000 and 3000 rpms and way Easyer starts and a smoother idle but I dident get that game changing performance I got on the old international v8 but for having it laying around and not costing me anything it seems to be a good upgrade but I wouldent go out and buy one but I'm happy with it now I'm woundering should I install the bright yellow coil or paint the stock one red for more hp because everyone know red paint makes good HP