Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Couple of Loyales/Leones from Finland...

Mechanymous

subetyhdess.jpg

leonepun.jpgvihresubbe.jpg

etuyhdess.jpg

So here´s my Subys so far, the red one is -91 DL with ea82 and Mpfi. About 148000miles on it. And the green one that I just got is -87 GL with ea82 carb and has seen somewhere around 111000 miles. The DL is gonna get 2" lift, 6 lug conversion and bullbar anyday now :brow:

Edited by Mechanymous

I like those corner markers. Can I buy some from you and have ship them to the States?

I checked the prices of used side markers here in finland and they´re about 25 dollars a piece from junkyard. I propably could send them sometime if you want a pair. I have to get one for my green loyale too cause the previous owner busted it up...

Jealous of the green machine's touring roof. Also curious if your headlights are clear-ish instead of all refracted like ours our. Maybe it's just my late night eyes...

I don´t know if those headlights are different from the usdm version cause I haven´t seen any up-close, but I will take better pictures next week and maybe I`ll figure it out :)

Think I see normal headlight lenses.

What is a corner marker ? Indicator light ?

AUS did not get the rear fog light in place of LHS reverse light.

Not seen headlight washers here either :)

I checked the prices of used side markers here in finland and they´re about 25 dollars a piece from junkyard. I propably could send them sometime if you want a pair. I have to get one for my green loyale too cause the previous owner busted it up...

Tell me where to send the money and I'll get it to you.:headbang:

I lifted the green one up today at work to see how much rust there really is, well there was, lots of it. But nothing so serious a good couple of hours with a welder couldn´t fix ...

ruoste.jpgruoste2.jpg

ruoste3.jpgruoste4.jpg

ruoste5.jpg

then there was this little hole that was filled with bondo, oh how I laughed and laughed.

Everyone at work said I was nuts for trying to fix it, but hey it´s my car and I love it. And besides you don´t see too many of these on the road nowadays here so they should be grateful :D

Edited by Mechanymous

hakka.jpghakka2.jpg

I got today a set of brand new Toyota rims for the 6 lug conversion and new winter tires 195/70r15. The wheels are Nokian Hakkapeliitta tires which in my books are the very best for Finnish winter... Got a great deal too so couldn´t pass, and now I have no more excuses not to do the 6 lug conversion =D

• 2 weeks later...
That wheel and tire combo is going to look sweet!

Yeah I really think so too, just have to paint those rims white and do some modification first :D

Hey guys I was wondering if anyone else has had camber problems with loyale, It seems that my green machine has severe negative camber on the rear right wheel and I haven´t been able to figure out what´s causing that. This car has a lot of rust and the previous owner used it on the forest trails, so I guess he might have crashed it at some point and bent something... I will lift it up at work next week to really see what´s going on down there but If someone has any ideas please share, will be greatly appreciated.

camber1.jpg

In this picture the rear has been raised with a jack.

camber2.jpg

as you can see, it´s quite bad.

Hey guys I was wondering if anyone else has had camber problems with loyale, It seems that my green machine has severe negative camber on the rear right wheel and I haven´t been able to figure out what´s causing that.

Check your struts/coils and control arms. I know when the ones in my EA82 went bad, it was like that. Rust and wear on those parts I would imagine are likely the culprit.

Edited by tincan
Revised

• 5 months later...

I´havent been doing anything for the green one since i decided that it has way too much rust and I don´t really have the a place right now to do anything about it. The rear crossmember is so rusted through that better just use the car as spareparts... But some tiny progress is happening with the red one, the lift and bigger tyres are in working progress and I just made some minor modifications to the battery system... I got a new AGM 80Ah battery and placed in in the location of the missing sparetyre. Have still to do some cleaning up in the brackets and everything but I like it like that =)

kuva-23-1_zps5851555c.jpg

camber2.jpg

as you can see, it´s quite bad.

That is well known problem here in finland that the rear crossmember gets eaten away by rust and in result gives us a bad camber problems. My coupe has the same problem and so did my part car axle too. Leones have a lot of welding to do here in finland if you want them to be rust free or even somewhere near it.

• 2 weeks later...

kuva_zpsa8ead84d.jpgkuva_zps82a050ab.jpg

kuva_zps57b29734.jpg

Got some new rims for almost free... Tyres on them are Hankook 235/75r15 (28,8"??) which maybe be a bit too much for my project. Planning on getting 215/70r15. They´re out of a Nissan pickup and I think the offset is something like 40? I really don´t know how well they will fit with a 2" lift or if they will fit at all.

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder if you guys know what´s happening with my ea82 MPFI, I tightened the timing belts couple of days ago and now it feels like it has no power at lower rpm and it hesitates a long time before starting to rev. I checked timing and it seems fine, also messed with the distributor to see if that helps but I didn´t notice any change in the problem. I´m kinda baffled now. can you tighten the belts too much?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...