Ultimate Subaru Message Board

77 Wagon rebuild...... on a budget......

one eye

About 6 years ago I found this 77 wagon in a Garage near Acme WA, it had been in there for 12 years the lady told me, and she wanted it out of there, I asked how much and she said take it..... So I did................

About a year later I sold it to one of my buddies for 400 bucks, and he drove it for about 2 months then parked it where it sat for the last 4 1/2 years. We went and picked it up and drove it back to my place, I decided that I should buy it again, and fix it up a bit since its not too bad other than the normal fender and hatch rust..............

this is it about 8 months ago

3078_4261839552094_160518858_n.jpg

cant see the rust to bad but its there....

295193_4261824511718_766682964_n.jpg

this is the fender that Chad and I fixed it was rusted out big time.

552632_4261820311613_936806494_n.jpg

more areas that needed fixing

553147_4261816671522_913456213_n.jpg

now its getting new paint.................

Jeff

• 1 month later...

I think at this point there is about 38 bucks worth of body supplies into this cheap resto, its not the greatest but its pretty good for not messing with bondo in over 20 years, and that paint it 96 cent Walmart spray cans, like 15 or more of them. It looks good for what it is.......... other wise it would have been parted out and crushed....................

Jeff

BTW my Brother in law ended up getting this car for 200 bucks I figured it would be a cool project for him/us so he needed a car and I had enough of them so this is his rig................ just had to make the clear..........:)

Jeff

Gave this wagon a nice look at the WCSS, and all I can say is awesome. First, i had no idea you did a "budget" build, I was truely impressed, but now I'm even more impressed knowing the history of this Subaru. Definately deserved the best classic award, nice!