Ultimate Subaru Message Board

ultimate RX returns

i recently bought the ultimate rx. after much time and effort fixing the previous owners mistakes the ultimate rx is nearing its former glory. it still needs some tlc, over the last few years its collected a few door dings and a nice dull finish. but the car is running and preforming well. ill be replacing the tranny here is a couple weeks. ill keep everybody updated and post pics when i can.

ps. i still need a wrx tranny. id prefer a 3.90 out of a legacy ss.

• 3 weeks later...

made some good progress in the last week. I cleaned up the wiring under the hood and fixed the boost issue. so now its back to ~16psi had some severe spark blow out had the replace the plugs and got the boost controller hooked up correctly. mechanically it is in pretty good shape whats left seems to be mostly cosmetic.

I would like to put on a front mount. if anybody has done it to an EA i would appreciate a link to your build thread or just a quick overview of what is needed. I also need a couple parts off of a hatch. need new struts for the rear gate. and a exterior trim piece. passenger side rear window diagonal piece.

Good to hear!

Frustrating that I sold the car with that missing window trim (just had to be put back on) as well as with a new pair of hatch struts. That stuff, and the laptop, didn't make it from that person to Logan. Pretty sad :( Cause without the car, all that stuff is trivial worthless crap.

I may have found a laptop, but i'm going to have to set some time aside to play with it and see if it actually works, which might not happen till after WCSS. I'll keep you updated.

no i found one local for 150. thanks tho.

Tex,

if its not to much trouble bring anything you still have for the car to wcss im about 90% sure im going. im happy to pay for any parts or laptop. thanks again

Thanks dave just what i was looking for