Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Names of your Soobs

Since, I posted in this thread the first time, I've had a few more...

Ruby - Red 88 GL - Had the name when I bought her.

Rita - 81 GL - Named after Bob Marley's wife

Fenchurch - 87 GL - Any Douglas Adams fans out there?

Stella - Blue 96 Legacy - Named after the song, "Stella Blue"

Still haven't named the latest one, but I'm working on it. Right now, the engine is apart, with one stripped headbolt hole, so I've been calling it lots of names, but none of those seem appropriate to post here.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now the 82 Hatch has been transformed into a Subaru-Hummer, I call it "Summer"!

My 84 GL was a clean one owner but the problem was the previous owner was Mad Max, so the little road warrier is named "Mad Max".

The Forester has no name at this point.

My first sooby (82 4wd wagon)had the number plate URP-638 hence subURPy. Since then my 4 yr. old son has been naming my cars and we have had three superrooies (like super kangarooies), which is good cause we live in OZ. They were Superrooie (81 4Wd wagon 2" lift), Superrooie 7 (93 4Wd GL) and Superrooie 58 (84 4Wd touring wagon) - he is only 4, so dont ask me why.

On a different topic the things you guys call brush guards we call 'roo bars', they stop you hitting kangaroos and emus (done that suburpy did not like it). It's somewhat ironic that the superrooies need kangaroo bars.

there is probably some explanation rooted in child psychology for this, naming objects for what they are, but when we got our Subaru (I was 4), I just called it Subaru, and that became it's name (kind of like pippi longstocking naming her horse "Horse".) It's boring, and more so, I'm weird, I know.

We looked at another one over spring break, it was a GT Turbo wagon. I don't know what i would do for a name if i ever got another one, albeit another Legacy or other model, can't just call them both Subaru... :rolleyes:

My EA82 Wagon is known as the "BumbleBeast"

That is a Name I invented around 1996 at the University.

Often is called the "Canary" , "OverPimped" , "Li`l Chicken" , "Running  :banana: Bannana" , "SpongeBaru SquareAss" etc...

by local friends. But in Spanish.

More information by Clicking on the link at my Signature below.

Kind Regards.
►Edited to fix Font Colour.

Edited by Loyale 2.7 Turbo

I never really had names for my subies (my family and I all just called them my "Subies") until Rosie came along...

Yes..

Rosie

Cuz perhaps one day... if everyone else goes...

It will be The Brat and I...

Just ROSIE and Me.

(you get it...)

Rosie- (also the color)

At times when the oil hits the exhaust pipe.. it becomes Rosie the fire truck.. hehehe..

Or Rosie picked up a bad habit of smoking.. hehehe

Then of course.. Indy. my Toyota.. for "Indy-go" the color of the truck... :)

Often is called the "canary" , "OverPimped" , "Li`l Chicken" , "Running :banana: Bannana" , etc... by friends. But in Spanish.
okay so its canario,pollito chico,y bananno corriendo :D . hehe i'm spanish speaking so thats why i translated. the name of my suby is Crystal in honor of my dream girlfriend (because she is fine :slobber: and my suby is fine like her :brow: ).

hmm a name well i have a few.

87' subaru wagon (white)

saaammmmaaanntthhaaaa! gota say the name like that all streched out and stuff. My friend gave it that during my single days.

Naomi- always wanted to date a girl named that but looks like that wont happen.

The honey Bucket- random sticker of the honey bucket company on the dash when i bought it. lol

and more recently: the little wagon that could. due to my stubberness i will not let my wagon die. i have already done head gaskets and new motor. i wont give up in till that wagon is purring like a kitten. (which currently is not) :mad: so maybe i should name it the little wagon that couldnt...?

White 89 GL wagon, with a bad case of salt cancer = Brumhilda, Hildy for short (came from the CarTalk name your car thing - it fit, so it stuck)

Blue 89 GL wagon, dr 4x4 = Blue

Blue 88 GL Coupe = RX Wannabe - will be getting the RX body kit one of these days

67 F-250 = Montana, for where it came from

73 Lincoln Mark IV = Hot Rod Lincoln (Boy, your gonna drive me to drinkin if you dont stop drivin that.....)