Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Names of your Soobs

My Hatch was Yellow........

My Friends and I always end up singing the Beatles, "We all Drive in Yellow Subaru, Yellow Subaru, Yellow Subaru...."

Why do people always stare when we drive by?

.......so I have always referred to it as the Yellow Sub!(marine)

Glenn,

82 Hatch, used to look like a Hatch.

01 Forester, still looks like a Wagon.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My 89 D/R wagon is called Jake. Short for Jake the Clanking Wad, which my wife got from the Car Talk web site "name your car function". The name stuck.

98 Outback is Suba-OOPS! , theres a story for that one...

88 turbo wagon is just Turbo for now, I've only had it for two months.

84 Brat - Su-Brute. self explanatory!

91 astro van - Bupmobile. "bup" was on the lisence plate, this was the one that burnt up in front of a chinese restraunt

86 ford ranger - stank rump roast. it reeks like B.O. or something, enough to give you a headache sometimes - seriously

98RS - black beauty. beautiful car

OK I'll jump in here............

84 Brat = R BRAT

86 Hatch = RUZILLA (a cross between Subaru and Godzilla = Ancient japanise beast with a bad attitude)

86 Wagon = Silver Sow / target

87 Wagon = DRTYGRL

86 Wagon = RADIO (As in Radio Flyer, little red wagon....get it???)

86 Wagon = POS (named by Vicky, not me)

My 71 FF1 was the WunderWagon (best pronounced with German accent).

My 82 DL Hatchback was Clyde (for Clydesdale - it just kept on going and going).

My 88 GL Wagon is Seymore. For this, you'd have to have seen 'Little House of Horrors', the carnivouous houseplant that was always yelling 'Feed me, Seymore!". I had become used to the 40mpg of Clyde... then the sub-30 mpg of this wagon was like, always needing to be fed. (Actually the mileage isn't that bad when you consider how much more car is being hauled around, but the comparison took some adjustment on my part.)

So what are the names of your Soobs?

I've got

The Dump '81 DL wgn

The Baruzer '83 Brat project

and Rust Pig '85 Brat

Nice to see another "BratMobile" - my old sig. way way back in the day was "ROBIN - TO THE BRATCAVE!!!!" (aka my garage)

But the names that stick...

83 BRAT - Bratwerst - I like brats, and brats - and the spelling is a little off because well... the brat's a "little off" as well :-p

82 GL wagon - DER VVAGON - was originally THE WAGON, but then I got another wagon... so in keeping with the Bratwerst theme, and being German myself... Der VVagon just fit (2 V's to look like a W - but so you pronounce it "Vagon"

81 GL wagon - The "little" wagon - compared to the lifted/custom bumper'd/yotawheeled 82... it IS little.

- Erik Hosa - Tacoma, WA -

my first subaru 79 wagon 4wd: scubaru: (lots of rain, early morning, dip in road 50 mph). trip home, more rain, flooding river, water over road 12 inches deep.

second subaru 86 dl wagon d/r 4wd: subie

current 90 ledacy awd wagon: suzie

micl 88 plymouth grand fury x cop car: janie from sammy hagar plain jane

66 dodge truck: katie from star trek voager kathern janeway, she all ways got us home

• 11 months later...

I haven't named my soob yet. I will eventually. I was given the car about a year ago by my brother. It was given to him a few months before and he didn't have the money to get it fixed. I put new brakes, struts, windshield, and a carb. It leaks oil, but starts every day. I have put almost 14,000 miles on it since he gave it to me. I drive it to work every day, carrying my mothers wheelchair in the back. I absolutely love this car. It is a 1987 GL Wagon 4WD. It is a great car. I really like the web site, it looks good and has lots of info. This is also my first post.