Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Heater blower motor problems...

ok, i tried looking up some threads on the blower motor problems, but couldnt really find anything that sounded like my situation..

so my heater gets hot(it works). and about 6 months ago my blower motor stop working.. i finally got a new one and when i installed it, nothing happened. i read some threads that said some people had one speed working, which if i remember correctly means its the connection of some kind. BUT, when mine went out, none of the speeds worked at all, and i checked all the fuses, still nothing.

Again, i have two new motors that i tried plugging in and still nothing.

Any other tips i can get to check???

thanks, subi dude

Ok so im going to check the power connection to the motor in the morning.

I JUST WANTED TO THROW THIS OUT THERE.

THAT, when my car was in the shop to get my rear bearings worked on a couple of months ago. I had asked them to figure out how much it would be to have them buy a new blower motor and replace it. THEY told me after parts and labor, it would end up being $400 bucks!!!! Can you beleive that!! What a rip!! took me a half an hour to take everything off, replace the part, and put everything back together!!! Just wanted everyone to know how rediculous i thought that was. lol

thanks, subi dude

As Loyale 2.7 says it's the resister pack,Once you pull it out you can go to Tandy etc and buy some wire and repair it yourself it;s not that hard or rat up a resistor pack from any number of vehicles and adapt it if needed if you can't find a good original.

As Loyale 2.7 says it's the resister pack,Once you pull it out you can go to Tandy etc and buy some wire and repair it yourself it;s not that hard or rat up a resistor pack from any number of vehicles and adapt it if needed if you can't find a good original.

"BUT, when mine went out, none of the speeds worked at all."

^^^ right there. resistor pack is for the intermediate speeds, not full speed, or "4" on our vehicles.

i would say there is something unplugged or a blown fuse/fusible link, et cetera.

use a test light and see if your blower motor is even getting power before yanking any resistor packs or repairing anything.

The first thing you need to do is make sure the fuses are good. Once that has been done you should check to see if voltage is getting to the blower motor when the speed selector is turned on to the high speed position. Use a test light or a meter to check with. You should see voltage on either of the blower motor leads if the resistor pack is causing the trouble. If you have no voltage then you should check the blower relay for a problem.