Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Shadabob's "Boss" BRAT

Shadabob

Bought several years ago, been a great driver to share time with my Xterra and SVX (both of which are now sold)...now shares time with my 65 Cyclone and 09 Altima. Stayed "stock" all this time...until this year...

Within last 6 months or so...

MODS:

-Custom "Boss" striping done by Pooparu (I requested a "Boss 302" look, as I really wanted to "stand out" with something different, and showed him my idea, came out GREAT, I think)

-14x6" Alloy Pugs

-195/75/14 BFG's including full size spare

-Jumpseats

-Weber 32/36 Carb

-Flowmaster Exhaust

-Shovel/tool mount in bed

In-Progress:

-Bed mounted spare tire. The seat frame is actually mod' to be a part of this.

-modifying jumpseat frame to be removable to double as "lounge chairs" with legs, also great for fishing... :headbang:

Future Plans:

-Front Bar (I actually prefer to custom bumper)

-Rollbar/ Light Bar w/ lights (duh)

-Spray in bedliner

Here is a pic of Pooparu doin the graphics back when it was "stock"

462333_3036273780116_1921801085_o.jpg

Edited by Shadabob

A pic of my Shovel mount. You can kind of see my "work in progress" rear tire mount/ rear seats. Right not just held in with one of those adjustable bars, but only temp until I finish building it up, hopefully sometime before WCSS. Gonna add some "legs" so the the seats can be pulled out and used on the ground...for "lazy fishing" or "campfire time".....I dont have any real intention hauling anyone around in them, so I prob will never install my seatbelts or headrests.

278665_3793572752117_1776570825_o.jpg

Looks great! I actually had the same idea for paint when I had those style wheels. Any plans for any lift?

No "real" plans for a lift right now, though a 2" lift would be nice. I actually have very little issues with the tires/ height right now for what I use my BRAT for...finding fishing spots :-p

Link to a quick vid...me coming back across shallow creek, um yeah...I was fishing the lake this creek drains into...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODVmw5Fer5k

im a little ahead of you with some parts on my 85 brat but your way ahead with most the body work here's a link to my thread for pics (u will get to see my parts rig that i scraped looks like yours twin) http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=133905 your going to jealous i have the roll bar and brush guards?winch bumper for mine and kc lights and winch :-pbut i need to do rust repair and prime/ paint and im also going to do the spray on bed liner in the bed worked great when i did it to my dads 79 brat

Edited by turbosubarubrat

im a little ahead of you with some parts on my 85 brat but your way ahead with most the body work here's a link to my thread for pics (u will get to see my parts rig that i scraped looks like yours twin) http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=133905 your going to jealous i have the roll bar and brush guards?winch bumper for mine and kc lights and winch :-pbut i need to do rust repair and prime/ paint and im also going to do the spray on bed liner in the bed worked great when i did it to my dads 79 brat

Lol, true that, I'd love to find the roll and front bars. I've seen your thread, great job man, keep up the work. I'm honestly more jealous of the shop/ space you got :-p

• 3 weeks later...

Spent the whole day in the garage, and after a couple busted knuckles, some triming on the bumper guards, a trip to the hardware store, some drilling and whatnot, and some great help from Djellum, I was able to get my new bullbar and rollbar onto the BRAT...

539065_3892493305069_1936608144_n.jpg

view of the rear tire mount, removable seat setup, and the rollbar(not fully bolted down yet, but "secure")

561693_3892493665078_1696258614_n.jpg

Both of these came off a '82 BRAT.

Also, after my trip to the hardware store, my skidplate has no missing bolts for the first time in over 5years :-\

Next, finish installing CB, and find some good quality lights to mount on the bar.

looks great:clap: also looks like i might use your idea for the spare wheel or make something for the bumper like TheLoyale

Thx, my spare tire mount works great. Welded a "L" peice of metal with a hole in it. Took a piece of threaded rod and bent it into a "J." Hooked the "J" through the L-peice. Took piece of flat metal (actual bed rail, very solid metal) and put it across the tire resting on the rubber to act as the tension hold down. Took a twist knob I picked up at the hardware store, and threaded it down the rod until the metal across the tire bows oh so slightly. It is in there nice and tight. Simply unscrew the knob, and tire comes right out. The setup basically looks like a lower case "t" if that makes sense.