Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hope and Help for Mario (Carver Oregon)

I really hope this is ok to post here, I sent a message to ShawnW but he never responded and we're running out of time.

On September 22 out at our little farm, we're going to be holding a benefit to help a fellow co-worker, the name of the benefit is the "Mario Recovery Benefit"

you may not know Mario, but we do, he's a fine young man with a wife and two small children, he works for Tri-Met as a Mechanic.

Mario has been Diagnosed with stage 4 Lymphoma, he's exhausted his vacation time going through treatments., and has many more weeks of chemotherapy.

we want to help Mario and his family by lessening the financial burden that's been placed upon them by this unexpected illness.

we invite you to come join us for a day at the farm to help raise money for Mario.

there will be live music, a Barbecue ($5.00 a plate). a raffle or auction for some very neat items including a weekend on the Oregon Coast, and car repair at a reputable garage, also a rummage/garage sale with all proceeds going to Mario and his family.

and last but not least, a car show, yes. that's right, we're inviting all our Subaru friends out to attend, and for $15 you will get a special parking place and the opportunity to show off your car. we have a nice 5 acre field freshly cut just waiting for you to park your ride on it.

parking will be $5.00 a car, uless your bring that special ride to show off, then it will be $15 to park and you will get your own special little spot for your special car

remember this is a benefit, we're doing this to help a friend in need, this is going to be a non-alcohol event, with all proceeds going to Mario and his family.

contact me for our address.

PS: we also need volunteers to help with different segments of the event, if you can help out in any way, please contact me.

we are also looking for donations, whether it be something to raffle or auction off and just a cash donation at the local bank (account number in picture)

post-39623-136027658473_thumb.jpg

Edited by Stubies Subie

• 4 weeks later...

here's the flyer for the Mario Zepeda recovery event that taking place out at my place on the 22nd, we're going to have newer Subaru's, plus classic cars, but no one from here has yet to say whether or not their going to show up.

also please consider, we need volunteer help.

we'll have some nice raffles going on as well, and even got some nice donations to raffle off from Snap-On.

we hope some people can attend.

post-39623-136027659449_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

The Big Mario Zepeda fund raising event is this weekend, it’s looking like were going to have a lot of stuff, a Car show, both new and old, so bring your cars and show them off, we are also having a monsterly huge rummage sale that has something in it for everyone, lots of cool stuff, from brand new tools and tool boxes, from big names like SNAP-ON and MAC TOOLS, there’s even a nice rollaway, a brand new TREK mountain bike, a pressure washer, a glass encased parrot cage, to floor scrubbers and a house hold steam cleaner, and that’s barely touching the surface of what’s at the rummage sale.

There’s going to be a car show which will include everything from a brand new BRZ to a nice old Model T, so bring your cars and show them off, $10 for a special parking spot for your car, if your coming to check out the rummage sale or eat, parking is free.

We’re going to have a nice Barbeque, with food donations from Places like resers, we’ll have BBQ ribs, $5.00 a plate, potato salad, and who know what else.

There’s also going to be live music as well as an auction, and we got some neat stuff for the auction up to and including a nice little vacation on the Oregon coast.

I really hope some people can make it, the event will take place on Saturday the 22nd, (yes this coming Saturday) from 11am until 4pm

The address is xxxxx x xxxxxxxx xxxx, xxxxxx xxxx, Oregon, xxxxx,

If you need directions let me know and I’ll get them up here as well.

100% of all proceeds go to support Mario and his family as he recovers from stage 4 Lymphoma

Edited by Stubies Subie

Come on guys! Need more people to come to this event! Show off your cars, new and old, talk and brag about them.

Maybe some off-roaders might find some trails out in the boonies nearby for some fun afterwards?

Hope to see more than just little Ned there!

I'm surprised no one has said anything about coming to the event, it's close to town, and there's going to be plenty to do once you get there, and we waved the $5.00 entry fee, we figured we'd get your money at the rummage sale,

the rummage sale donations are coming from union workers in the transportation industry, that's why we have stuff like SNAP-ON and MAC tools

we even have some raffles going on for some pretty nice tools, and even a bucket of money that's now close to $2,000 tickets for that are only a buck, if you win, you get half the 2,000, the other half goes to mario and his family

plus we got a nice huge field to park in for the 4x4's, and some choice places to park for the cars that sit a little lower to the ground.

it will be worth the visit to whom ever might want to come.

Edited by Stubies Subie

We had a pretty good turn out for the event, sorry no one from the Subaru world could make it, but we did get a few cars:

th_subarus_zpsb4cf3e47.jpg

We had some good food, BBQ ribs and chicken, and potato salad, even had a snow cones and cotton candy for the kids, and a huge rummage sale, some serious bargains went out the door, like a nice craftsman rollaway for $45 dollars, (a friend of rugby subies got that) and a tool box to be carried in a car full of about $600 dollars of snap on hand tools, it left after someone paid $10 for it, it was supposed to be an auction but accidently ended up in the rummage sale, I saw the guy that bought it literally running across the parking lot, he couldn’t get out of there fast enough.

th_rummagesale_zps6af3b742.jpg

We had a couple of old cars show up, a 1927 Model T, and an old Crosley, both cool cars.

th_oldcars_zps48ece3ed.jpg

th_oldcars1_zps70f5d6cc.jpg

All in all it was an awesome event, Mario was able to show up, he came between cancer treatments, he was humbled by the whole thing, and we were able to raise about 2,600 dollars for him that day (and that's not counting the bucket of money that was won by someone in attendance)

Edited by Stubies Subie