Ultimate Subaru Message Board

2 inch lift....What size tires?

subi dude

Hello again...gotta new question.

I am soon getting new tires for my car cause my current ones are almost completely done for.

I currently have wildcat 205/75/r15's on there. And I really want to get the BFG Mud terrain KM2's. but the smallest tire they sell for 15 inch wheels are 215/75/r15's. So to let you know, i've already pounded down and cut as much as i could to make sure the 205's work, they dont rub AT ALL. so that is good.

So will the 215's work with my 2 inch lift? Will there be a significant amount of rubbing while on/off road?

Also, can someone tell me what diameter my current 205's are, and what diameter the new 215's would be? like, 27in? 29in? 30in? 31in? I WOULD REALLY like to know..

Any information would be awesome.

thanks, subi_dude

I opted for 215/75/15 Hankook M/Ts on 6 lug 15x6 Nissan Pathfinder wheels. They were lees money than the BFGs. And the 215s I got had snow stud holes(how here in So. Cal. I got the studded tires I don't know:D.) Haven't bolted them up yet to check for clearance with my 4" lift on 87 gl. Here's a link:

http://www.offroaders.com/tech/AT-MT-Tires/Hankook-MT.htm

Edit: tires I got are the Dynapro M/T RT03s. Pic on this site doesn't show stud holes. Hmmm.

Edited by czny

That' s what I've got on my loyale with a 2" lift. (215r15's) BFG KM2 . They will rub but with enough trimming they will fit. I can post pics maybe tomorrow if you need them.

REALLY!!?? Same set up huh?? Awesome!! yes. please post some pics. they always help. thanks alot!

subi_dude

I trimmed and pounded quite a bit to make mine fit.

running 215/75/15 BFG m/t KM's. I went a little overboard in some parts and not enough in some others. I rub on full lock. Rear doesn't touch at all.

kinda hard to see but only pic I can find right now.

IMG_32191936x1288.jpg

Different offset wheels would probably make it not rub at all.

I'm running 235/75 Goodyear Wranglers with my 2" lift. The Wranglers do tend to measure out small though, they measure out to a little under 27" tall.

I do rub on full lock turns, and there's some occasional scraping from the rear when hitting a big dip with a bunch of cargo in the back, but I just need to go back and trim the rear wheel opening a bit more.

2012-08-15_11-50-44_525.jpg