Ultimate Subaru Message Board

'92 loyale 4x4 wagon build

branbikenut1

Thats kind of what i figured for the rear. i was going to try a few different angles and see what worked the best if noone knew the angle. Ive been looking at pics of many different kits and it looks like most of the lift consists of dropping all the major mounts and crossmembers. Is that right?

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anything larger than a 2" lift, and you will be dropping the engine/trans crossmember, Radius rod mounts, Rear suspension tube and mustashe bar. A 3" lift, you will drop everything else 1" ect..

So if im looking to do a 4 inch i drop the struts 2 and the mounts/crossmembers 2? Just trying to make sure ive got the idea right. Id rather make it all then spend the money.

1988-94 EA82 SPFI Engine Code Listing:

11 Crank Angle Sensor/Circuit

12 Start Switch/Circuit

13 Crank Angle Sensor/Circuit

14 Fuel Injector (Abnormal Output)

21 Coolant Temperature Sensor/Circuit

23 Air Flow Meter/Circuit

24 Air Control Valve/Circuit

31 Throttle Sensor/Circuit

32 Oxygen Sensor/Circuit

33 Vehicle Speed Sensor/Circuit

34 EGR Solenoid/Circuit

35 EGR Purge Control Solenoid/Circuit

42 Idle Switch/Circuit

45 Kick Down Control Relay (Automatic Transmission)

51 Neutral Switch Continuously In The On Position

55 EGR Temperature Sensor/Circuit

61 Parking Switch/Circuit

Edited by TheLoyale

So its code 34? That is the same code I had. It really didn't make the car run any different (Only my check engine light was on all the time, kinda bothersome) I have a picture of the little unit which you could replace to fix the error. Let me find it.

If anything, I will take a picture for you tomorrow oh its location. You can buy a new one at O'Reillys or NAPA or the like.

So its code 34? That is the same code I had. It really didn't make the car run any different (Only my check engine light was on all the time, kinda bothersome) I have a picture of the little unit which you could replace to fix the error. Let me find it.

Yes it is a code 34. I got to reading a bit more in my manual and it showed me how to clear the computer so i did and it took away prolly 90% of the chugging. My engine light is on ALL the time now which it wasn't before but whatever i guess, its running better.

It's wicked annoying at night. It's a very bright red light that annoys me. Enter: ELECTRICAL TAPE!

My CEL has been away for 3 years now, it's great.

I did the ole black tape trick with my old cherokee and i too loved it :grin: I'm thinking its going to be a new edition to the Subie.

It's wicked annoying at night. It's a very bright red light that annoys me. Enter: ELECTRICAL TAPE!

My CEL has been away for 3 years now, it's great.

...I did the ole black tape trick with my old cherokee and i too loved it :grin: I'm thinking its going to be a new edition to the Subie.

Well... I Removed the Bulb on my "BumbleBeast" because the Light was permanently lit since I removed all the Smog Stuff, when I did the Weber Carb swap.

1988-94 EA82 SPFI Engine Code Listing:

11 Crank Angle Sensor/Circuit

12 Start Switch/Circuit

13 Crank Angle Sensor/Circuit

14 Fuel Injector (Abnormal Output)

21 Coolant Temperature Sensor/Circuit

23 Air Flow Meter/Circuit

24 Air Control Valve/Circuit

31 Throttle Sensor/Circuit

32 Oxygen Sensor/Circuit

33 Vehicle Speed Sensor/Circuit

34 EGR Solenoid/Circuit

35 EGR Purge Control Solenoid/Circuit

42 Idle Switch/Circuit

45 Kick Down Control Relay (Automatic Transmission)

51 Neutral Switch Continuously In The On Position

55 EGR Temperature Sensor/Circuit

61 Parking Switch/Circuit

I'm Glad to Drive a Weberized EA82! :D

Well... I Removed the Bulb on my "BumbleBeast" because the Light was permanently lit since I removed all the Smog Stuff, when I did the Weber Carb swap.

I'm Glad to Drive a Weberized EA82! :D

I'm really glad I DON'T drive a carbed vehicle. It can get down to -20F or below here in the winter. And carbs suck in that kind of stuff. Also, they don't like funny angles or long sweeping turns, etc. I'd much rather have efi.

I could remove the bulb, I suppose. It's easier to just put tape over it, though.

• 5 weeks later...

I've been thinking about doing a little modification to my roof rack. it seems to be too much of a wind break and its driving me insane. I cant even hop on the freeway without holding it to the wood in 4th gear to do 65. I'm really thinking of doing something like this guy here

wxss14-337-57-X3.jpg

I dunno how yours can be so bad on the freeway? Mine has 27s, rack, lights, tire, and a 3AT! I can get up to 55-60 real easy.

Hmm :brow:

It stumps me too. I'm thinking thethats 230,000 hard miles are starting to take effect. My tires measure about 25.5. I ran them without the rack and there was a substantial difference. Idk how your rack is mounted but I mounted mine on top of the factory rack and the top stands about 8-10 inches above the roof. I'm thinking it could be allowing too much air underneath the rack and messing with the aerodynamics. Ill admit I know little about this kind of stuff but with the amount of difference there is from running the rack and not, I think I might be onto something. The idea I have in my head is to make a plate mounted to the rack that's angled equivalent to the windshield, sits only a few millimeters about the roof and meets with the top of the front bar of the rack. That way it'll redirect the air over the rack instead of under and into it. That's the idea anyways.