Ultimate Subaru Message Board
subarurx yo

what headers to buy?

I've found nothing, im wondering what dualport headers to buy for my ej swapped rx (ea82 body) right now im running my homade ones off the flanges that keep getting cracked from hanging so low and it kinda sounds ricey. I was looking at the ebay ones for under 150 bucks, if any work which ones do i buy for, legacy, impreza, forester?... what year?

To my knowledge from what I've looked into, there will have to be either header or cross member mods to use any EJ header. The stock exhaust has to be cut and pieced, but much easier than a header.

alright i guess i gotta find a stock one then or get the muffler shop to make me one then, something unequal length for that rumble:brow: the backyard ones are very close to el but kinda makes it sound like a honda

The OBX unequal length headers fit nicely. As does any of the stock '95+ headers that use the "J-pipe" style cat section. Best if you get a header and catless J pipe as a set.

GD

The dual port magnaflow headers fit the ea82 body and crossmember well. Ive been running one on my EJ22 loyale for a year and a half without issue. Bombproof construction and great sound.

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/sku/Subaru/Legacy/Magnaflow/Catalytic_Converter/1993/L/4_Cyl_2-dot-2L/M6623871.html?loc=Front&tlc=Engine+%26+Drivetrain

I did have to grind out a very small notch (approx 3/8" deep by 2" wide) out of the front xmember where the drivers side pipe turns from vertical to horizontal. The mandrel bend of the header has a slightly longer radius than the stock EJ exhaust.

I have a stock Legacy (off of a 92 I think) dual port manifold complete with cat if you are interested.

I can get pics in the morning if you like.

Ben

Edited by tractor pole
spelling

ill think about it, but im going to the exhaust shop more than likely this weekend, how much are you asking for them?

$50 I also have the mid pipe and rest of the exhaust for the same car. all for one price.

Tsudo header w/ catless midpipe for $230 shipped..... Got mine from RS25 in the vendor forum I believe.... Nice quality too.....

Edit: price went up to $249, but they have a coupon code up for $50 bucks off.... Here's a link to the vendors thread....

http://www.rs25.com/forums/f14/t170752-tsudo-uel-header-catted-catless-stock-now.html

IMG_0112.jpg

Edited by obk25xt

The factory 95 Ej2.5 headers with the small cat to the side fit without modification. I have a set on my Xt which runs an EJ22.

I would post a picture but I don't have the privilages to do so sorry.

TOONGA