Ultimate Subaru Message Board

what headers to buy?

subarurx yo

I've found nothing, im wondering what dualport headers to buy for my ej swapped rx (ea82 body) right now im running my homade ones off the flanges that keep getting cracked from hanging so low and it kinda sounds ricey. I was looking at the ebay ones for under 150 bucks, if any work which ones do i buy for, legacy, impreza, forester?... what year?

The dual port magnaflow headers fit the ea82 body and crossmember well. Ive been running one on my EJ22 loyale for a year and a half without issue. Bombproof construction and great sound.

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/sku/Subaru/Legacy/Magnaflow/Catalytic_Converter/1993/L/4_Cyl_2-dot-2L/M6623871.html?loc=Front&tlc=Engine+%26+Drivetrain

I did have to grind out a very small notch (approx 3/8" deep by 2" wide) out of the front xmember where the drivers side pipe turns from vertical to horizontal. The mandrel bend of the header has a slightly longer radius than the stock EJ exhaust.

Tsudo header w/ catless midpipe for $230 shipped..... Got mine from RS25 in the vendor forum I believe.... Nice quality too.....

Edit: price went up to $249, but they have a coupon code up for $50 bucks off.... Here's a link to the vendors thread....

http://www.rs25.com/forums/f14/t170752-tsudo-uel-header-catted-catless-stock-now.html

IMG_0112.jpg

Edited by obk25xt