Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Half Depth radio fits GL $19 @ walmart.com

http://www.walmart.com/ip/XO-Vision-XD103-FM-and-MP3-Stereo-Receiver-with-USB-Port-and-SD-Card-Slot/19854261?dest=9999999997&sourceid=37209879742859745137&veh=aff&wmlspartner=lw9MynSeamY

It does not have a cd player

It does not have a removable faceplate... not good if you live/park in a bad area often.

it does have a usb port (cool)

Edited by Danny88GL

While inconvenient, it would be somewhat amusing that someone would risk jail over a $20 radio. Just keep the packing box on the floor so they know what it is and they move on. :-)

generally the cheap ones dont charge through the usb port, and wont play devices through them either. you should be able to hook up your ipod through the 3.5 mm jack and play it though. also the usb will play mp3 off of flash drive.

I have a cheap dual deck, it works that way. still nice to have all the music on a flash drive though. the nicer Sony/Pioneer/JVC Iphone ready ones that charge, play, and control your Idevice are around $70, which isnt bad either.

But youd have to be strange like me, and LIKE the original radio :popcorn:

That is something I would do but have no idea how to figure out how to do it. I am not a guru cept for aftermarket and even then I am only fairly knowledgeable.

So that being said I am still happy with my aftermarket in the sedan but would leave the dash alone in any other car if given the chance/ choice.. Thats what glove boxes are for right :Flame: