Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Too Soon for an Engine Swap? ~ 2JZ engine on a BRZ / FT86

The famous Toyota 2JZ engine (3 liter inline 6, iron block and aluminum head, DOHC, and built battle-ship tough as the basis for the Toyota TT) has been swapped into cars ranging from an old Mustang (for the Fast and Furious series) to an S2000... but now also onto a Toyota FT86... in Thailand.

Look this Videos:

~►

~►

I Believe a Turbo EJ25 could be better Idea: Less Work and probably around the same Capabilities.

Kind Regards.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

subaruflat12.gif

Well, subaru used it with two different F1 Teams

More info, ~► Here.

Then it was used in two different street-legal cars, such like the Subaru Caspita...

SubaruCaspita01.jpg

...and went into production for certain models of the Swedish car...

koenigggSwedishCarwithSubaruFlat12E.jpg

...Koenigsegg...

Kmm-SubaruFlat12Engine.gif

More info on the e-Bay sale, ~► Here.

Kind Regards.

• 3 weeks later...
The famous Toyota 2JZ engine (3 liter inline 6, iron block and aluminum head, DOHC, and built battle-ship tough as the basis for the Toyota TT) has been swapped into cars ranging from an old Mustang (for the Fast and Furious series) to an S2000... but now also onto a Toyota FT86... in Thailand.

Look this Videos:

~►

~►

I Believe a Turbo EJ25 could be better Idea: Less Work and probably around the same Capabilities.

Kind Regards.

off topic but it was an rb26dett in the fast and the furious movie nissan engine not toyota :P

• 1 month later...

Nicely done! Does not appear to be finished but it looks like it is not too much of a squeeze. Thanks for the link.

It is a love and hate type of deal for me with the LS motors. They are great performers, mileage is very reasonable, they take a ton of boost/power. That being said it seems like they are dropped into anything and everything. It is refreshing at times to see a project with something off the wall.

yea LSx is the new 350 chevy.

also power potential becomes kind of a moot point anyway.Depending on the type of driving you do 100-200 HP per driving wheel is just asking to become a tire shops preferred customer if you try to use all that power. 100 being for gravel and 200 for pavement.Assuming that you are interested in things other than going fast in a straight line.

Edited by Uberoo

yea LSx is the new 350 chevy.

also power potential becomes kind of a moot point anyway.Depending on the type of driving you do 100-200 HP per driving wheel is just asking to become a tire shops preferred customer if you try to use all that power. 100 being for gravel and 200 for pavement.Assuming that you are interested in things other than going fast in a straight line.

Very true I could probably have just as fun in a 90hp Miata as a 500hp Camaro, maybe even more. It is still interesting to see the breaking point of the stock bottom ends.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Speaking of swapping stuff around, am I the only one that thinks about the potential of a 6spd RWD trans that bolts to an EJ?? Really makes me think that my dream of turning my 84 turbo in to a drift car that much closer to reality!

Doesn't bolt to EJ, starter wrong side. Sorry mate. :)

• 2 months later...