Ultimate Subaru Message Board

SJR 6 inch EJ lift is here! woohooo

torxxx

Well, I got the first box of the lift (hopefully USPS doesnt screw me and not deliver the other box tommorow) Looks like I have a busy weekend coming up. She'll be sittin on 30.9s when I'm done. Cant wait!

Now that the times come, who with the 6 inch lift has some radiator hose part numbers for me? tryin to save myself a bunch of trips to the parts store once we start throwin the car together.

Will post before and after pics of the car.

I used my stock hoses. Its been a while, but I think the top one just gets rotated and the bottom on get hacked down to a little 90* bend. If you can afford it, now would be a good time to get some new extended brakelines. I went with stainless braided and it REALLY helps braking ability and makes running 30's a lot easier, they cost me $140.

Do you have everything else figured out like a steering shaft extension, shift linkage and the extended pitch rod? For the ebrake, it might help to undo all the clips and loosen the clamps on the control arms, your gonna stretch'em on a 6' lift.

Josh

shift linkage I forgot about, pitch stopper/steering shaft is easy, cut slide pipe over the ends, install and tack weld the pipe in place and then do a complete burn.

The shift linkage should be able to be the stock length if I drop down that square rubber bushing bracket that bolts to the tunnel correct?

As for the brake lines, you have a part #/brand used? I was just gonna cut my brake line holders off my struts and let em hang for now.

Exhaust hangers I think I'm just gonna triple up the factory ones bolting them end to end

Doesnt look like I will get the my other box of parts until tommorow, postal service screwed my weekend up by dropping off one box friday.

yeah, shift linkage will work if you drop the bracket, but extending the linkage is a cleaner look. Mine is dropped 3"

The brakelines I have I had made custom. Any hydraulics/industrial supply place should be able to do it. If they ask what its going on, tell them its a offroad only car. Legally they probably can't sell you the stainless braided stuff, because most isn't DOT approved, but its so much better than the DOT approved stuff and just as safe. Its just missing a stamp of approval and a price hike. You may not have enough slack by just cutting the bhrakeline holder. I know it works for 4" lifts, but when I lifted mine 6", it was too tight to work.

I think the steering coupler will need about 4 1/2" extention. I used 3/4" sch.40 pipe.

Your fan isn't going to work anymore too, so your gonna want to figure a plan for that. I used an 12" hayden pusher fan and control unit from orielly's for $100.

A couple grounds will need to be extended too.

Josh

• 2 weeks later...

Alright lift was on in just under 8 hours Wednesday night. I got so caught up in trying to get my 31x10.5s to fit that I wasted 2 days on searching my city high and low for wheel spacers or 5x100 to 5x4.5 hub adapters. Friday night after work we finished the steering shaft, pitch stopper, shift bracket drop, carrier bearing drop brackets, hoses (lower rad hose was the worse part.)

I had to use a 2.2: air intake (used the half that attaches to the throttle body) and then spliced 2.5L half to the airbox. AC lines stayed attached (my compressor is bad, I should just removed it all) driver side heater hose had to be extended, passenger side was long enough. Grounds, I already had done previous and left them long enough for the lift.

I had to use washers to space the rear wheels out far enough to spot rubbing on the struts. Other than that, I'm running the front half of the exhaust until Saturday when I get my exhaust bend up between the driveline and the tub of the car. Sittin on 235/75/15s (stock subaru wheels, going to switch to 5x4.5 Ranger wheels)

I'll get pics up one of these days

I love this car. that was less than 5 minutes playing on the edge of our big pit. The power the 2.5L makes compared to the EA82 engine is day and night. No longer do I have to hold that pedal to the floor and pray I keep moving. Even with the 29" tires, its just floor it let off floor it let off.

Cant wait for the welded center diff and rear diff

I like the bar you welded in your car Tron, Mine is a one piece bracket on each side (where yours is 2 double stacked blocks) but I still plan on doing exactly what you did, but I'm doing it at every lift block I can run a straight piece of tubing to.

I love this lift, its just like driving a stock toyota pickup now. Even sounds just like a Toy with the back half of the exhaust off

I like the bar you welded in your car Tron, Mine is a one piece bracket on each side (where yours is 2 double stacked blocks) but I still plan on doing exactly what you did, but I'm doing it at every lift block I can run a straight piece of tubing to.

I love this lift, its just like driving a stock toyota pickup now. Even sounds just like a Toy with the back half of the exhaust off

I like the engine you have in your car torxxx,

mines a 1.8 but she does her job.

The bar made me smile the first time i drove and gave her the swerving wag test.

I do recommend this upgrade, I believe with it this way youll be ok with the stock welded in nuts in your subframe the lift bolts to.:D

If I can find someone that can help me do the wiring harness side of the swap, I really want to weld all the lift blocks together so nothing can shift, and put my EG33 and 4.44 4EAT in it. Then that my car would be fun. Its fun now, but until i tie all the lift blocks together its only going in the mud. The 5 speed is fun, but I'd rather be able to build pressure in a 4EAT and roll 3 mph rather than hit it at 10 mph cuz I hate riding my clutch.

Spare tire hole thing under the rear carpet needs to go as well. I want to box that in with some plate steel and make a box where I can put my handyman and tools. And then that would give the reciever hitch somewhere to bolt into thats not just folded tac-welded sheet metal.

Skid plate, I think welding a pipe together between the front tow hooks and then bolting a 4 runner front skid plate (one that is like 4 or 6 inches long and has a curve to it) that will protect the radiator support. From there I need to just start sizing up metal and welding together an oilpan skid plate that will tie into the pipe between the tow hooks.

Lots to do...

I just gotta yard the dash out of my 95 LSL. I've already got the intake on my 91 so I have the EGR temp and sol sensors installed, just unplugged atm.

Pm me a price on what you'd charge to strip the harness down Scott. I've got entirely too much going on up here right now to sit down and shred some wires. Not to mention I hate wiring lol

Unless you want the entire car, I just need to get my passport and a drum of fuel :P