Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EJ swap radiator

RAugur33

i found a radiator at the JY out of a first gen impreza, had a outward facing hose bung on the bottom rather than upward like the EA82 radiator. i dont know if the ea81 is similar to the ea82 rads tho. but it might be an option. its a single row just like the ea82 radiator im using now with my ej25 swap.

• 5 weeks later...
Stick with the EA81 radiator. It should be all brass, with larger passages than the EJ rads (aluminum/plastic)

It will work great. Again, flex hose with 1 1/4" at one end, 1 1/2" at the other.

Radiator arrived yesterday. Going to search for hoses today. Are they hard to find?

I have a shop that can and will put 1.5" in/out on the EA81 radiators. Done several of them including ones with 90 degree rotated connections for lifted swaps. Works great and no need for ugly flex hoses.

GD

Hey gd, good to hear from you. How much does your shop charge for the work?

Ok, I can find flex hose or dual diameter, but I cannot find both in the same hose. Anyone have part #'s or know who carries these?

Thanks

Napa

they can look it up in there industrial/equipent catalog. I've had to wait a day to get them, but they have 'em.