Ultimate Subaru Message Board

subaru R-2

elad

The Subaru R-2 is a refined Subaru 360. Not all the parts are the same, but somewhat simular. A Subaru R-2 is very rare, as in, you have the only one in the USA. I've never seen a LHD R-2 before.

The only place to find Subaru 360 parts is through the Subaru 360 drivers club. You will have to join the club..... as in pay yearly dues. The upside is I bet some Subaru 360 parts will cross

http://www.subaru360club.org/forums/index.php?sid=334d03f8c92d1c0058344ebab4a1ff32

Good Luck!

I want it.....cute as hell

Ive only ever seen one other and that was in malta in 1996,along with a 360 and an early rear engined Rex which was also awesome,sadly havent been able to find any of them on my return trips to malta :(

• 3 months later...

One of our Subaru 360 drivers club members, the almighty " Sigmaz ", is creating a special hybrid motor. His build is documented on the 360 club forums. He's using the Subaru R2 intake reeds, lower engine case, and cylinders mounted to a Subaru 360 bottom end.

He is trying to surpass my hot rod Subaru 360

He'll never get there ! :headbang:

Edited by 2stroketurbo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 3 months later...

Some time ago, I was watching the 1991 movie "Only Yesterday" from the Japanese "Studio Gibli"

and it features some nicely detailed old-school Subarus, and even a Subaru Dealer...

Only%20Yesterday.jpg

But the main one is a well detailed Subaru R2

So I made this photo collage with screenshots from that movie.

Kind Regards.

• 3 weeks later...