Ultimate Subaru Message Board

95 Chevy S10

I bought this truck a little over a year ago with NO intentions on keeping it. I soon fell in love with the little beater and slowly began to fix her up. its a 2wd 2.2l automatic. Not exactly the best combination but it works. In the short time I've had it Ive put a new rear end under it, all new brakes, paint, LOTS of half-a$$ body work, stereo system, head gasket(soon to need another), rims, dual exhaust from an 80s trans am, camo carpet, k&n filter, tailgate net, roll in bed-liner, and to come...axle seals, pinion seal, clutch fan delete, new rear tires(295/50r15:) ), clean up the engine bay, new headliner and LOTS more.

0627111836_zpsd7eb85b9.jpg

The Day i brought it home

img0806_zps65857aa0.jpg

Not bad for a stock 4cyl auto

h011_zpsad3478fb.jpg

h014-Copy_zpsd4256403.jpg

The last of its days offroad.

0630112054_zps7045d144.jpg

New wheels...JUNK, will never buy another set of Keystones. After the 3rd time of losing a tire down the road, i scrapped them.

IMG_20120425_124759_zpsa24e9331.jpg

IMG_20120425_124740_zpse8b54a50.jpg

New rims and paint. Also a 3inch rear shackle lift for the hot rod look :)

I have a bunch of pics somewhere around here of the paint process. will post them as soon as i can find them

That S-10 does Look Great in that Black / Dark Brown Colour Scheme.

Good Job! icon14.gif

Kind Regards.

Thanks a lot. I've got alot of money, blood, sweat, and tears into this thing with lots more to come. To be honest that brownish color is actually firemist metallic orange. When we painted it we did it over the black with only a few light coats which gave it a much darker color but shines bright in the sunlight. I painted my old Jeep Cherokee the same color. Ill post a pic of that to show what it was supposed to look like. Do they have S10's over where you are? or are they the Isuzu version?

jeep_zps6e3352b6.jpg

The Orange the s10 is supposed to be like. I do really like the brownish look though.

The S10's are great little trucks and yours looks really nice. The 2.2 heads love to crack so watch for that next time you have it apart. I've lost count how many of those I've worked on over the years. There is LOTS of good info over at the S10 forum too.

I've read the same about the heads. I'll be sure to check next time its apart. I planned on having it cleaned and decked so if I don't see it I'm sure they will. This is my 3rd s10 and I love them. By far the most reliable vehicles I've ever owned. Its my only 2.2 I've had though. Only 120xxx on it too! Thanks for the heads up.

I Really preffer the way your S-10 paint Looks, than the way the Jeep's paint Looks; But both vehicles are nicely done. icon14.gif

... Do they have S10's over where you are? or are they the Isuzu version? ...

Yes, here you will see many Chevrolet S-10 but very few Isuzu "Hombre" (which means "Man" in Spanish), seems like the Isuzu versions came from USA, because only the Chevrolet Dealer sold 'em here.

Also, you'll see many of its American Counterpart, the Ford Ranger, but if you sum all the S-10's and Rangers, you'll not reach the Half of Toyota Hi-Lux Diesel sold here... or Isuzu D-Max, Nissan Navara, etc... Diesels are best sellers in our Market because people here prefers diesel for pick up trucks, also the Double Cab configuration has been the car model best sold here for many decades.

So Chevrolet Sold here the Double Cab Turbo Diesel S-10...

S-10DoubleCab2_zps26537568.jpg

S-10DoubleCab1_zps82fe3e2b.jpg

S-10DieselEngine_zps93c876d9.jpg

...to Compete with the Diesel Double Cab Pick up Trucks from other Brands,

also Ford Sold the Brasilian-made Turbo Diesel "Power Stroke" Double Cab Ranger...

for-ranger-doble-cabina.jpg

...which is Not the same Gasoline Ranger Sports Track...

2ndfordsporttracxlt.jpg

...but Both Diesels where a Huge Fail in our Market, specially the Ford's one,

so You'll see them still running but with Nissan Diesel engines.

Despite the Bad impression those diesels has made on Latin America, The Gasoline 2.2L Chevrolet S-10 is known here as a very Good Car, but never came in automatic for our market. The Gasoline Ranger is known as a very good car here too.

Kind Regards.

Edited by Loyale 2.7 Turbo

I never knew any of that. i guess we learn something new everyday :) Id love to get my hands on an imported one from your area though. I really like how they look. Ive always been into foreign trucks for some reason. We don't have 4 door rangers like that up here either. it looks pretty neat. A majority of the 2.2's came with the 5 speed but there were still some automatics. Most are newer than mine though that i can find. The Sport Trac is more compared to Ford Explorer up here. I wish the U.S. Gov would allow diesel production for mini trucks. Id buy one in a heartbeat.

Gave the s10 a good wash the other night and noticed that someone had keyed the living hell out of it. Really bad on the passenger side box. I tried wet sanding it out with no luck whatsoever. So looks like I'm doing another paint job. I'm keeping the black but the orange is going to be no more. I'm thinking either white or yellow. Any ideas or thoughts? I'm open for anything.

I'm sorry to hear that. Some people sure don't have any respect for other peoples property. I am sure it will turn out when you are done with it though. Looking forward to updated pics!

I was beyond mad about it. This truck is my baby. I cant stand people that dont have any respect like that. Thanks man. Ive slowly been doing some interior work, ill get some pics of that.

• 2 months later...