Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Good pictures of the tube work under my brat...

mcbrat

mostly :)

I made my 4th and last attempt at a hill climb, and I made it, but right at the top it dropped into the climb from around the corner... my climb at the top was right between 2 trees, and the angle I was at, and the drop there was too much. I basically planted my front end into the other trail, and rolled it to the left... coming to rest above the adjacent climb. my son and I were both hanging from the seatbelts. we got him unbuckled first and a friend lifted him out, then I unsnapped and fell to the roof and climbed out my "window" area.

Took pictures, then began the recovery...

it really was a slow roll. just held on for the short ride.

I remember seeing it in the driveway very shortly after he got it with a hole cut in the bed/rusted out and the gas tank removed maybe? I knew he was up to "no good" in a good way with the look he gave me when I asked him what his "fix" for that was going to be. Heck its a completely different vehicle from when he got featured in Subiesport even and back then it was awesome.

I remember seeing it in the driveway very shortly after he got it with a hole cut in the bed/rusted out and the gas tank removed maybe? I knew he was up to "no good" in a good way with the look he gave me when I asked him what his "fix" for that was going to be. Heck its a completely different vehicle from when he got featured in Subiesport even and back then it was awesome.

yeah, when I first got it, there was a few minor dents, and a hole in the bed where a battery had sat and leaked for some time... the gas tank was totally varnished up... had sat for probably 13-14 years...

it got a 4/3 Ozified lift in the beginning....

I don't even know what to say. That's some seriously nice work. Very inspiring. I am going to be doing something like this in the next year or two with some subframes for the EJ swap into my Hatch. I am doing EJ suspension rather than solid axle, but I expect it to be similar in construction requirements.

I don't really like exoskeletons either, but I really want a roof rack tied into the frame. The Hatch isn't quite as space limited as the Brat, but similar. I think I am going to route the up-tubes through the interior and out the roof and the cross-members will be on the exterior of the roof. The rack will attach to the cross-members, so I will have an integrated roll cage and rack mount. Beautiful work, thanks for sharing.