Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What SVX parts would be useful on my EA82 wagon?

I think the PCV valve is the same. LOL

if you did a 5 lug conversion you could use the front hubs, brakes, and struts. but that's all the easy stuff for a 5 lug conversion that can basically come off almost anything.

Nope.

SVX is a larger bolt pattern. 5 x 114 vs. 5x100 for all other subaru.

• 3 years later...

If the rear diff is the same as the 1st Gen Legacy, it will bolt straight in. I've previously had the VLSD from a 93 Liberty (Legacy) RS turbo in the rear of my 88 wagon without any other mods.

If it's got the male splines sticking out, then you'll need to use the sliding type inner CV on both ends of the rear shafts, otherwise the shaft will pop out under full travel (the diff seems narrower somehow).

Also, if you remove the front bracket off your current diff where it hangs off the rear suspension, this will bolt on the later diff to mount it.

Legacy's here only had 3.9, 4.11, or 3.545 ratios, so you do need the matching transmission to work.

Edited by wagonist

Short answer, not much.

Yep the lsd will bolt up, but you'd need to swap in your ring, and pinion first. Not hard to do, but fussy to get right. Electrically, the relays, and fuses are the same. You MIGHT be able to swap the seats in, but theyre HEAVY. Other than the diff nothing i can think of will swap

• Like 1