Ultimate Subaru Message Board

79 Brat Windshield?

they are very hard to find. Last new one I found 5 years ago from a guy on the east coast who bought and liquidated a warehouse full of glass. Only one he had. I think I paid $180 for the glass and $100 to ship.

I might have a used one to sell, let me know if you want to go that route, but I can not move really fast on it so if you need it in a week, count me out. All this is assuming a gen 1 wagon windshield will work in a brat.

Owain, I think I need to come over your way and just indulge, lol.

You're always welcome over here, brother

It's amazing how much Gen 1 stuff I've found here in the UK recently - check out this load of metalwork I collected - from a former dealer - just last weekend!

DSC02998.jpg

Not exactly cheap? $420....not including install. Haha I bet you can find windows for Lambo's cheaper.(doubt it but you know what I mean). I mean I would do 300 and feel like I was getting ripped off...but $420? *sigh*. Maybe if everyone goes on there and submits an offer for $150 they would eventually go down.

Edited by BlindSight

• 3 weeks later...

for $200 my dad got a guy to come to my house with the brand new windshield and gasket installed with the chrome in the gasket over a year ago. i also found a 1st gen brat windshield for $1 at a garage sale(my dad didn't know it was but i knew the shape very well)we also picked up at the same sale a set of rear seats for $50, bueaty rings, hub caps, also got steelies that looked brand new with the pin stripes still on from factory, carb, box of lugs like 70 of them new, side turn signals, ect. with other stuff for $75:D we also picked up another 1st gen windshield for $2 at the coast but we had to take it out, so there out there you just have to find them both the ones i have right now are spoken for because one is for the 79 im restoring for my dad and the other is a spare or is for are 79 brat