Ultimate Subaru Message Board

rear hatch window '97 outback

I was just curious was the going rate for getting a replacement window? someone had tints on this one before but pulled it off which pulled off the lines, I did paint half the lines but I just thought about it, if I put tints on those lines are really going to show up.

Free on in Colorado Springs, CO dented at the bottom but the glass is good. Come on out and pick it up.

Mine got dinted last year.. You know that feeling you get.. It was windy, I happen to look in my rear view and I see a shopping cart headed right for my rear. my friken keys were in my pocket at the time I was so pissed, and the lady I saw gets the cart... I thought about giving her a little scare.

So from now on any wind I park far far away.

Looking on car part they have some, about $200 or so which is not bad.. I'm going to guess the hatch is around 25-35 lbs? and I assume it wont fit in the rear?

Edited by 1-3-2-4

Whole hatch is the way to go. But having had to repair 8 broken wires in the harness (at the bend up top), threading the harness down the door pillar is a real pain. It can be done but requires quite a bit of patience. Also if the donor car is significantly older than yours, I'd check the continuity of all the wires in the harness that go around that bend before I install the hatch.

That's what confuses me I'm not sure where the connection is for the hatch as far as the wire harness, the 3rd brake light I know because I did some custom work on that.

I assume the FSM will show a rough location?

And the colors for 97 it only had the dark blue right?