Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Annual Hatch Patrol Xmas Tree Run, Saturday, Dec 8

Indeed, time to start getting ready for it.

If you're new or forgot. . . We head up to Greenwater each year to collect xmas trees as a group. We'll meet up at the Mikky Ds in Enumclaw at 09:00, planning on leaving by 09:30 to head up to the snow. (hoping for snow)

What to bring:

Snow tires required, AWD or not.

warm clothes for snow.

kids and dogs are welcome.

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=256&g2_serialNumber=2

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=259&g2_serialNumber=2

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=295&g2_serialNumber=2

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=316&g2_serialNumber=2

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=321&g2_serialNumber=2

Edited by Zap

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We will have provisions for fire and camp stoves. We generally have a meet/greet type gathering at the beginning then off on your own or with small group for driving and tree gathering.

Things people can bring.

*Food, for themselves

*Firewood, for the group. If you wish to purchase a bundle of wood. This can be done @ the Greenwater store or most of the convenience type stores along Hwy410.

*Water, for themselves and group

*BYOB

*Clothes for wet or cold

*Shovel for digging out of the snow

*Saw for cutting down tree. The Forest Service recommends hand saws.

*Tree permits will be available @ the Ranger station down the road. $10.00

*Snow tires & chains. These are technically required to be in the vehicle at all times. They have issued tickets in the past. Our groups have not been checked. Play this how you choose.

*And most importantly... the willingness to have a fun time.

This run has been going on for a long time. We have had very few issues over the years because we have a few rules that are not bendable. ******************tery on the public hwy will not be tolerated. Our families and children are present. Once you are off the beaten path you can do as you please. But when we are in the group please realize that you are representing all of us. All are welcome. We have Subaru, Toyota, Jeep, Dodge and many other makes over the years.

• 2 weeks later...

Ahh man, I'd love to go. I still yet to go to a meet of some sort, and this looks like it'd be fun. But I'd need to pick up some tires, chains, and a saw, haha. :-p Maybe I'll get some tires sometime this month. If I do, I wanna come along! :D

Maybe IN... Gotta find me some snow tires, or chains or.. wait, I've never had these things before and gotten out ok ;) Eh. I am sure I will find what I need before then...

What do you know about that? Ran into the man this afternoon. See you there Austin!

Maybe IN... Gotta find me some snow tires, or chains or.. wait, I've never had these things before and gotten out ok ;) Eh. I am sure I will find what I need before then...
Which car are you bringing? I might have a mounted set of snows (5x100 bolt pattern) that I can lend you. My schedule (and the cold) prevent me from going, but if my tires make it there, I can be there in spirit.

Which car are you bringing? I might have a mounted set of snows (5x100 bolt pattern) that I can lend you. My schedule (and the cold) prevent me from going, but if my tires make it there, I can be there in spirit.

And THAT would be the spirit we expect Ed. I already told him I have a set that will fit his car. :clap:

Are we stopping for permits or is the office open before 9?

Trying to make this one even though it's the wife's birthday. She agreed to go if I watch Season 4 of Real Housewives of New Jersey with her and take her out to dinner after the run.

Oh the sacrifices one must make to get their family out into the great outdoors!:-p