Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Annual Hatch Patrol Xmas Tree Run, Saturday, Dec 8

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks to all who attended. A small turn out this year. But a fun time all the same. The weather turned out in our favor as well. Perfect new snow. I guess at the top where the tracks ended was a good 2'+ Snow was nice to drive on with out much issue. The kids had as much fun as any other year. Good sledding. It took a minute to get the fire going due to "Green" wood from Greenwater. But once it took off it was nice. Thanks to Rob for taking on the meet. Thanks to Eric for leading one of the groups up. Thanks to everyone again for keeping the antics on the snow instead of the paved road. We have a great reputation because of this and people are always glad to see our group!!

Ken

Edited by Qman

Nice painting, I wish I had your brushes! :dead:

It's not the camera.

That's what they say, yeah. Sure you can take great photos with a cell phone, but it's not gonna be the quality of a DSLR. Nor will you have the option of different lenses.

In the same sense that you might be able to play a graphically-demanding game on two different computers, but the person who can play it with higher graphics settings might enjoy it better. They're playing the same game, following the same story, and doing the same actions, but the person with the better computer is gonna be seeing the game with much greater detail and quality.

I think what Noah was trying to say is that even if you have that nice DSLR, you can still take crappy pics. I've taken some astounding pics with my cell phone and I have a nice DSLR also. I wish I could haul my DSLR around with me all the time like I do my cell phone :(

I think what Noah was trying to say is that even if you have that nice DSLR, you can still take crappy pics. I've taken some astounding pics with my cell phone and I have a nice DSLR also. I wish I could haul my DSLR around with me all the time like I do my cell phone :(

Yup, I know what he meant. It's just they always say, "It's not the camera; it's the photographer." But I believe:

Bad photographer + bad camera = Horrible photos

Bad photographer + good camera = Bad photos

Good photographer + bad camera = Tolerable/Good photos

Good photographer + good camera = Amazing photos

I've got a pretty decent point-and-shoot (the photos I posted are from that camera). It's got full manual controls and takes nice quality photos, but I still wish I could swap out lenses and have the quality of an expensive DSLR. Plus, I would love to do some nighttime photography, but my cameras just don't cut it. I would save up for a nice DSLR, but I keep spending money on my car. :banghead: