Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Legacy rear brakes onto Brat

Naked Buell

Hey guys. I have a question. So I have converted my 85 Brat to 5 lug. I also have a 93 SS legacy. Now has anyone heard of or know of the thread where you can take the rear ebrake assembly from the legacy on put it on the Brat???

Every where it says the XT rear set up but the XT's are hard to come by.

So any info would be cool. Thx

The Nissan don't fit as well as some my think

What? Nissan uses the exact same caliper manufacturer, they're as close as is possible. Honda's just happen to have similar spacing.

It is possible to use EJ brakes in the rear of an EA with some modification, but you will still need XT6 hubs.

I modified a set of rear backing plates for a '02-'05 Impreza/WRX to bolt onto my XT6. Had to drill one hole and modify two others which was fairly easy once I got the backing plate centered on the trailing arm. After that, all the factory parking brake hardware went on, WRX caliper and rotor with the XT6 hub. I also used a set of rear brake hoses from a '00 Outback as they run a similar 3 piece brake line setup like our cars. Soft line from the hardline on the body to the hardline on the suspension, then another soft line from the hardline on the suspension to the caliper.

The Nissan don't fit as well as some my think. Honda's fit better. ...

What? Nissan uses the exact same caliper manufacturer, they're as close as is possible. Honda's just happen to have similar spacing...

Both are Right ... Very Kindly let me explain:

Yes Nissan & Subaru used the Same Manufacturer (Tokiko) but the 200SX and 240 Nissan Caliper aren't a direct fit at all, you need to do some work to let them fit and their e-Brake (Parking Brake) Lever mechanism on the Nissan 200SX Calipers are on the Way of the Subaru's Rear Axles...

While the Honda Calipers are made by a different Manufacturer (Nissin) but they are a Direct fit by Luck, and their e-Brake lever mechanism does not be in the way of the Subaru's rear axles; also they let you use the Subaru's brake pads, and their brake pump is the same size than the Subaru's ones, so the Pedal and everything else does work like stock.

For those who wanna know more about that, the complete Writeup with photos is ~► Here.

Sorry for Hijack the Thread ... :D ...

Kind Regards.

Both are Right ... Very Kindly let me explain:

Yes Nissan & Subaru used the Same Manufacturer (Tokiko) but the 200SX and 240 Nissan Caliper aren't a direct fit at all, you need to do some work to let them fit and their e-Brake (Parking Brake) Lever mechanism on the Nissan 200SX Calipers are on the Way of the Subaru's Rear Axles...

While the Honda Calipers are made by a different Manufacturer (Nissin) but they are a Direct fit by Luck, and their e-Brake lever mechanism does not be in the way of the Subaru's rear axles; also they let you use the Subaru's brake pads, and their brake pump is the same size than the Subaru's ones, so the Pedal and everything else does work like stock.

For those who wanna know more about that, the complete Writeup with photos is ~► Here.

Sorry for Hijack the Thread ... :D ...

Kind Regards.

more than a little incorrect information there....

The modification is only necessary with 200SX calipers on 4-lug hubs. 240SX calipers work with 4-lug or 5-lug without modification. 200SX work with 5-lug without modification.

When using either Tokico option, you use the subaru caliper bracket. Which means subaru pads and clips.

I don't see the incorrect info, since I posted that for four lugs' EA82 subies with Rear Disc Brakes (as the Writeup settle on its very first lines), but Thank you for Clarifying...

I thought I Read that the Parking Brake Mechanism on the Nissan's Tokiko Calipers are in the Way of the Subaru's Rear Axles.

Kind Regards.

Edited by Loyale 2.7 Turbo

here are some pictures from when i put the Brembo rear brakes on my wagon.

its the same for Legacy or WRX rear brakes.

http://wordpress.suberdave.com/?page_id=59

-=Suberdave=-

brembos-9.jpg

Are those r180 backing plates? I think I remember the center hole being a smaller on the r160 ones and not needing the centering ring welded in.

I don't see adapters for the calipers, so I assume they're r180....

here are some pictures from when i put the Brembo rear brakes on my wagon.

its the same for Legacy or WRX rear brakes.

-=Suberdave=-

Are those r180 backing plates?

yeah they are R180 backing plates, like i said. but the swap is the same. the hole is just a bit larger.

-=Suberdave=-